Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

different trouble with textures

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi there -

I am new to archicad and the archicad forums so please forgive me if I am committing the usual forum faux pas. I have already searched for this topic on the forums but I don't think I have found an answer to my particular problem.

My problem is that no texture is showing up at all in my 3d drawing. It shows up in my elevations, but not in 3d. (see attached image)

Any ideas.? I have checked the library and the image files are there. Changing the texture files in the Element Options->Materials has no effect. I have tried it with other texture tools, but to no avail.

Additionally - my doors refuse to change to the texture I have chosen. It says that they are the correct material in the settings (again, standing seam storage) but still show up grey. I have changed both under "parameters" and under "model" headings.

thanks!!!!!!!!

assignment 2.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
ganeagla wrote:
hi there -

I am new to archicad and the archicad forums so please forgive me if I am committing the usual forum faux pas. I have already searched for this topic on the forums but I don't think I have found an answer to my particular problem.

My problem is that no texture is showing up at all in my 3d drawing. It shows up in my elevations, but not in 3d. (see attached image)

Any ideas.? I have checked the library and the image files are there. Changing the texture files in the Element Options->Materials has no effect. I have tried it with other texture tools, but to no avail.

Additionally - my doors refuse to change to the texture I have chosen. It says that they are the correct material in the settings (again, standing seam storage) but still show up grey. I have changed both under "parameters" and under "model" headings.

thanks!!!!!!!!
If you are viewing your 3D with the Internal rendering engine you will see the materials and any associated hatches.
With the OpenGL rendering engine you will see the material and any associated textures - there are options for OpenGL to turn textures on or off.
So I would say you need to switch to the OpenGL engine.
The showing of textures should be on by default but if you still don't see them then check the OpenGL options.

In V10 the different rendering engines are in VIEW menu > 3D VIEW MODE.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,
I think the problem is that you may have modified the appearance of the texture in open GL and elev but not when rendering. This is easily sorted but may require a bit of trial and error.

Go to 'options' then 'element attributes' and then to 'materials'

Next find the material your having a problem with on the list.

Then click on the drop down below which says internal engine.

on the drop down below you can change all sort of properties. An example is visable on the top left.

Once happy with the example click on the drop down and change it to 'Lightworks'. Then there is a buton that says 'change to match internal engine'.

click ok and it should work. Hope that helps!

Enginseer