BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.
SOLVED!

Dimension offset issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there, I apologise if this issue has been addressed before although I couldn't seem to find any info in relation to it.

The problem I am having with dimensioning is when I select the linear dimension tool and then proceed to select all walls I wish to dimension, I then click ok and drag the offset to the side of the project, only 2 of say 5 walls selected show up on the offset although all the selected walls still have dimension nodes attached. Why is it I can only drag 2 of 5 dimension points? I've tried multiple setting changes and been at it for hours to try and rectify yet nothing seems to work, I've never had this issue on any other project. I'm still learning archicad so this may be an easy fix.

Any help would be awesome.
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Which version of ArchiCAD?

But at a first guess I would say your walls are not drafted completely at 90° angles of eachother.

Try labelling your walls with this label: https://bimcomponents.com/GSM/Details/21086

It will tell you if they are not at 90° angles.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Which version of ArchiCAD?

But at a first guess I would say your walls are not drafted completely at 90° angles of eachother.

Try labelling your walls with this label: https://bimcomponents.com/GSM/Details/21086

It will tell you if they are not at 90° angles.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Barry Kelly
Erwin wrote:
Yep, that would be it.
Those walls aren't exactly horizontal.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for solving issue.
Learn and get certified!