Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Horizontal step in elevation.. you never know!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry me again,
I really do search for answers before I post............mostly

Is it possible to get a vertical step in the section elevation?
Like the step you can put in on the horizontal section plane..

I have a staircase that I would like to get a full front elevation of but there is a bulkhead over the stair so my cutting plane will either:
loose the first few steps,
or
If I come back a bit with the cutting plane I will get the external elevation from FF level upwards.

If I could step this cutting plane, as in the red line in the image, it would solve my problems..

Thx

Tony
7 REPLIES 7
Thomas Holm
Booster
Don't think so. But it's easy to create two sections, one for the lower part, one for the upper, and join them in a layout.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good idea Thomas.

Another way would be to use a layer combination in section that has the bulkhead turned off.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Yeah, but the bulkhead wasn't the question, it was the reason... or I'm just being picky
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK thanks for the responses guys.
I will use the conjoined section approach I think... I find keeping on top of the layers isn't my strong point at the moment.. but thanks for the input..

Tony
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Tony,

I assume you are printing from a layout - in which case, all you need to do is use a polygonal clipping frame on the layout to hide the bulkhead...if I understand your screenshot and red line correctly.

Just edit the initially-rectangular drawing frame using the pet palette's polygon tools to create any cookie cutter shape you want.

If I misunderstood and you want to see both, but to have the stairs cut at one place and the bulkhead at another, then Thomas' answer is the way to go.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Thomas Holm
Booster
Karl wrote:
I assume you are printing from a layout - in which case, all you need to do is use a polygonal clipping frame on the layout to hide the bulkhead..l
Karl, if he does that, he'll also hide the uppermost three of four steps of the staircase. If the screenshot I see is correctly lined up.

So if hiding the bulkhead is all he needs, I guess s2art's layer combination tip is a better way.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
Karl wrote:
I assume you are printing from a layout - in which case, all you need to do is use a polygonal clipping frame on the layout to hide the bulkhead..l
Karl, if he does that, he'll also hide the uppermost three of four steps of the staircase. If the screenshot I see is correctly lined up.

So if hiding the bulkhead is all he needs, I guess s2art's layer combination tip is a better way.
Not better, just different. Whatever floats your boat.