BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Tensile Roof-Solid Elements Operation Problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am modeling a tensile roof on a building and need to extend walls up to the underside of the roof. I was trying to do it with the solid elements operation, however that does not work. I'm assuming it is because there is no thickness to the tensile roof object. Is there a way to add thickness to it, maybe modify the GDL script? Any other suggestions???
4 REPLIES 4
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I'm assuming it is because there is no thickness to the tensile roof object.
that's exactly right. As the tool name says Solid Element Operations can not be used on facets.
maybe modify the GDL script?
unfortunately, that's the only option AFAIK...
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
Would the Mesh3d library part work for you, found here under '13 Special Construction/Basic Shapes'? You can give it a thickness, add extra nodes and it does allow SEOs.

Its a brilliant example of what you can actually do with GDL.

Don't forget you need to stretch the wall past the roof object in order to use SEO with upwards extrusion. (The SEO doesn't extend the wall to the roof as you sort of implied in your post.)

Hope thats useful.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the awesome tool!
Worked great for the roof. It makes modeling a lot of things possible in AC.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you see that it has been updated slightly to correct the rendering errors at the edges. You will find it at the end of this thread -

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=105367

I believe you can just overwrite the old one in your library.
Learn and get certified!