BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

assigning colour to wall ends with windows and doors

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys..
Hope everyone is doing well.. I think I already know the answer to this but just to confirm..
Is there a way of defining the colour of the wall ends when I place a window in a wall..
Basically I want the ends to be red, as the wall is, so the drawing prints correctly. at the moment the ends are grey and that grey is assigned a very light pen width as opposed to the red which is assigned quite a heavy pen width.

My suspition is that the window gdl script will handle this and if that option has not been written into the script then a default is assigned!!! Hopefully I'm wrong!!

Also.. totaly off topic... Is there a way of finding out if a layer is empty quickly? I know I could just unhide all and then go from one storey to another but is there a quick way?

Thx

Tony
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
MaX_MaD wrote:
Is there a way of finding out if a layer is empty quickly? I know I could just unhide all and then go from one storey to another but is there a quick way?
Tony:

You can use the Attribute Manager for this, see if there is a check mark next to the layer. One caveat: if the layer is the current default for a tool, then it will show as checked in the Attribute Manager.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you dave
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
David wrote:
MaX_MaD wrote:
Is there a way of finding out if a layer is empty quickly? I know I could just unhide all and then go from one storey to another but is there a quick way?
Tony:

You can use the Attribute Manager for this, see if there is a check mark next to the layer. One caveat: if the layer is the current default for a tool, then it will show as checked in the Attribute Manager.

HTH

David
To get around this, set your Active Layer to a layer that is being used (or ArchiCAD Layer). You can find this under Document> layers> Layer Extras. It will eliminate the default tool layers from the list, but will still leave default layers for some add-ons, such as RoofMaker. Unfortunately there is no foolproof way to show only used layers.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!