BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

beginner needs help with walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
I´m a new user of Archicad, I´m trying to build a complex wall and I would like it to have a different height in each side, but I can only make it either shorter or higher. Is ther a way to edit only one of the sides?

I really need help. Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Dwight
Newcomer
To make a complex wall, you use the "Complex Profile" feature.

A complex profile wall is defined by extruded fills.

To change the wall shape,
you edit the fill sizes, then "Apply to selected."
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an ArchiCAD 11 for students for two days.
I need a guide for users!
Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure but I think you mean that you'd like a wall that has a slanted top. If so, there's not direct way, using the wall tool to accomplish this - though it has been a desired feature for many of us for a long time.

There are, however, many ways to accomplish this using the Solid Editing Operations. Use a roof, or other slanted object, as the operator and subtract w/upward extrusion.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot, I figured out that there is no direct way, so I created a complex profile. Does Maxonform help with this kind of things?
Dwight
Newcomer
Many of Archicad's forms require tricks, but they yield a useful building information model. You expect Archicad to be filled with elastic primitives when its tools, admittedly limited, are designed to merely speed the modeling of conventional architecture.

Sort of like photojournalism school where students run out and take emotive pictures of soaring crows reflected in rain puddles when in reality they will be employed to photograph old white men in suits at microphones.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
If we all thought that nobody can make a difference or at least have the curiosity to learn, of course we would all be taking those stupid pictures, but I believe some go further........I would never have spected such an answer from a student forum.
By the way, I immagine what kind of pictures you have been taking.
Learn and get certified!