Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3D Views are empty

Anonymous
Not applicable
All 3D views set up in AC are all empty in PM, When I go back to AC and click on the views they open properly. I have been linking my PM files to an AC archive file and have tried importing from the pln with the same result. As usual deadlines are here any ideas?

AC9 Mac G4
5 REPLIES 5
Djordje
Ace
Jeffrey wrote:
All 3D views set up in AC are all empty in PM, When I go back to AC and click on the views they open properly. I have been linking my PM files to an AC archive file and have tried importing from the pln with the same result. As usual deadlines are here any ideas?
Fit frame to drawing? Open GL troubles? What is the 3D enigne used in ArchiCAD?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Open GL troubles are the quality of the G card or lack there of so I don't use it. I use the 3D window ArchiCAD eng. The frame is fine. PM gives me an error message saying that the "View is empty" and to open the view in AC, I do this and all is fine there. Layer combos etc. are as they should be. I prefer to import from the pla but have tried directly from the pln but to no avail. Have tried pmk's but that is pathetic it takes soooooo long to do anything with them. A completely fresh OS X.3.5 install along with all other software as I thought that may be part of the problem. Using a PB G4 667 it is responsible for the lack of speed, but the views are indeed empty. All these views are the "same" ones I use over and over as they are in my template. 13 interiors and 13 exteriors the exteriors are the ones that I need (today of course) for a zoning variance meeting this building is way oout of control and the 3D's get them all the time. AC 3D's are the best tool for the zony crony show me don't tell me.

TIA
Murphy
Djordje
Ace
Jeffrey wrote:
Open GL troubles are the quality of the G card or lack there of so I don't use it.
In this case you should. Having such a number of views it is very probable that you are simply running out of memory especially if the 3D view settings are high. The view generation will be MUCH faster - but the quality is lower if your 3D window is not big. 72DPI. Might I suggest rendering? Will take MUCH less time than analytic views. Sketch for linear ones?

And a stupid question - are you sure that you are linking to the same view set that you were checking the views of? If the views are named the same, many times it happened to me that I link to a wrong view set. ESPECIALLY near the deadlines (or as they whoosh by, and it is 4AM for the third night in a row). Tip: delete ALL the default viewsets and make your own!

If you posted a screenshot of one of your 3D views? ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
The open GL on this machine is pathetic. All the lines that are supposed to be hidden are visible and the textures look like hell.
I can't even do one at a time which is what I usually do at this stage of the game. I've tried the render to no avail. There is one single camera that is still giving me an image all the rest come up empty with a PM warning indicating that PM acknowledges this. I am sure that they are linked to the appropriate file as they were there before and I am truly a 1 file person. When I open up a new layout book I link all the views from AC to the new layout book in one shot this is the only time this happens correctly. But I've since deleted them all and started from scratch importing them as new. Ive replaced the cameras and saved new view with the same results.

BTW camera 4 was the one that was working.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey WDYK I figured it out. Seems you can no longer not have the 3D window rebuild upon opening. What happened is that when I went to update the drawings BGArchiCAD couldn't generate the view with the settings set to not rebuild upon opening. I have yet to try but am wondering if this is going to be the same for the sect/elev as well.
What led me on to this is the new messages aside the window name indicating the 3D windows aere manual rebuild and not automatic. It would be noce to be able to open BGArch. and set different prefernces there. Just a thought.

Thanks Djordje