Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3D Window to Floor Plan crash

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you select an element and go to the 3D window with the key command and then click back onto the Flor Plan window (not using the key command for Floor Plan) ArchiCAD crashes. You have to use the key command for Floor Plan. This is a real pain, as it is easily done and if you haven't saved in a while you lose all your work!
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Craig,

Before someone jumps in and moans, what version of AC are you using?
Mac or PC? Latest hot fixes and drivers etc!

What key command are you using to switch between windows? Is it the standard AC or a custom setup? Are you refering to opening up only the selected element in the 3D window ( F5 ) or shift F3?

I've tried both myself in AC 11 and it doesn't crash for me, but that's no help to you sadly! Could it be a particular element that's corrupted or does it always happen in whatever project you have open?

(Hi to a fellow ArchiCAD-using westcountryman btw!)

Cheers,

Pete.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using ArchiCAD 11 on the Hotfix 1040, on a Mac OS X Version 10.4.8.

I'm using all the default commands F4 for the 3D window and F2 is for the Floor Plan. It happens 33% of the time in many different projects, and another person in the office has the same problem. usually it only happens when you are looking at an individual element, but once or twice it has happened when looking at everything in the Floor Plan window

I think maybe i worded it incorrectly in my original post, it doesn't crash and the bug reporter appear, but it just freezes. You can move the mouse cursor but can't do anything in ArchiCAD and have to force quit.

I'm very careful with library parts and objects that could be corrupted so i don't think it is that as we have had problems with things like that before!

You never had this or a similar problem then?

Craig
Anonymous
Not applicable
No, I've never experienced that problem myself.

I work on two screens - Floor plan on the left, 3D view and navigator on the right, so I don't have the need to manually switch between them.

I haven't had any experience of macs so maybe someone else out there may have come across the problem.

If it becomes very annoying try reinstalling perhaps, or even have a word with your AC reseller - Applecore or Bite.

Edit -
It looks like it happens to other people too. See the last post by cadaron - on a mac too (He's not your colleague you mentioned before is it? )

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=17650&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=10

Edit again -
Ahh, he is your colleague (I looked on his web site.) My suggestion above was actually a joke!! I'm obviously psychic!!