Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3d View Geometry is Positioned Wrong

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello All,

This is my first posting and I am a relatively new user (4 months give or take). I am using Constructor 2005 Ext1 R4. Will you all still take my question even though I am not using the straight beloved Archicad version?

Well, let me put it up anyways. After attaching one particular xref file, the 3d views became corrupted, or so they seemed. In Ctrl +3 I could only see a tiny smidgeon of the geometry it should have dispayed. In selecting all the geometry (Cntrl + A) I could see all the selection dots (only) and the Info panel displayed the correct number selected All was ok in the plan view. The reason was that the *.dwg was a site plan and the center of the project was about 200 miles away from 0,0,0 (X & Y axis both). The solution was to break the xref link and center the project on 0,0,0 in acad. After reattaching the revised dwg all was well.

Now it still is happening. I am displaying the project in 3d view in the wrong quadrant. It should be in the +,+ plan view quadrant but is actually in the -,- quadrant. In other words all geometry was created positve x and y but is displayed in the 3d view negative x and y. Once again all is ok in the plan view.

What is causing this? ? ?

Thanks in advance.

Riff Masteroff
1 REPLY 1
Djordje
Ace
ArchiCAD can have problems with elements far off from the origin; be sure that all the stuff in the XRef is near the origin. Also, check the fills in the DWG - they automatically come in as origin fills, with the origin hotspot at the DWG's zero. Just chage them to Linked to fill origin if this is the case.

It is good that Constuctor users know about this forum ... keep on asking
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen