Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

8" White CMU Texture

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could anyone direct me to a link containing a WHITE-PAINTED 8" CMU texture, please? Or, better yet, is there a way to duplicate and modify the existing "Surf-8" CMU" material to look like it is painted white in a LightWorks PhotoRendering? I've played with numerous settings in the LightWorks Engine menu of the Materials window with no successful results.

Thanks for your help!
5 REPLIES 5
Dwight
Newcomer
There's many things that COULD be done, but the most direct fix you can apply is to change the Colour Shader as indicated in the attachment.

Make the grid light grey and the background white.

Increase light reflectance until the tiles get bright enough.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight:

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I can't make the grid stagger 8" as in a typical running bond. Also, the block has lost the "realistic" quality that I assume it was pulling from the texture image itself. Is there a way to duplicate and alter the texture image so that the block in the image is actually white instead of gray? Or is there another suggestion you may have? My goal is to make the materials in these renderings as realistic as possible. I've attached an image of part of the rendering with the settings from your last suggestion (you can compare the block against a white ceiling tile). Thanks again for your help and any further assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Dwight
Newcomer
We stack our CMU's - not running.

So how about this one, then?
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
Color shader PLAIN = white
see emm use 2.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer