Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ABVENT Customer Service was TERRIBLE *BUT GOT FIXED*

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, after MULTIPLE attempts to contact ABVENT "customer support" I'm forced to post here in the hopes that they will contact me and help me resolve several issues that I have.

Issue One: I had to reinstall Windows. For whatever reason, I can no longer get the NIC that Artlantis was keyed thru to work. So I need, desperately, for that key to be wiped so as to allow me to re-key it the the second NIC.

**ABVENT cleared the key for me**

Issue Two: I had to setup a second account on ABVENT.com.
Everytime I tried to log on with the original it told me that the account wasn't active and that I needed to activate thru the email that was sent...the account worked before and there was never an email anyways.
So, when I tried to re-register that account it told that is already existed.
Does that not seem strange?

Issue Three: It appears to me that my emails to webmaster@abvent.com are being purposely blocked because nobody wants to assist me with the issues.

**Sort of purposely...they had someone attack their website**

Love the program, but I can't even consider upgrading to 2.0 because of the terrible customer support that I'm receiving and being locked out of using my purchased software anyways.

**Now I will see about upgrading soon**
22 REPLIES 22
Dwight
Newcomer
There's no downside to getting the demo. Abvent have solved the majority of the file transfer issues and it operates much faster now - enough to overcome the file transfer time deficit.

It is a simple program since Abvent have minimized their dialog boxes and maximized help in exposing a scene.

Investing an hour will convince you that it is time to move.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
My post was not and is not meant to discourage the use of Artlantis.
Get the DEMO, like Dwight said...spend a little time with it and you will discover quickly that its easier and faster than just about anything out there.
I've never had a major issue with the program itself, aside from a couple crashes (but I save so often in EVERY program I use that its hardly ever a concern) over the last few years.
I just need ABVENT to assist me with getting my purchased copy back up and running.
...I've calmed down over the weekend.

Baby girls will do that to a guy.
__archiben
Booster
Don wrote:
The problem was that their website was so buggy it wouldn't work half of the time (at least for me).
you're not the only one - their website is appalling.
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
The very bad support from Artlantis is well known.
For example Artlantis 4.5 can not be used for AC10 and 11.
It is very dirty business concept from France.
Dwight
Newcomer
Archi wrote:
For example Artlantis 4.5 can not be used for AC10 and 11.
It is very dirty business concept from France.
It is a nice thing to think that obsolete applications should be supported forever.

The improvements in Artlantis Render and Studio were so radical that you do yourself a disservice to not upgrade.

I will grant you that the transition could be better managed.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Ben Ledbetter,

I'm Alain Picard product manager of Artlantis. Abvent has faced a web attack. Nonetheless we have succeed to retrieve the situation in the shortest time we could.

Concerning the issues:
Once you have reinstall Win XP then Artlantis did you update Artlantis in 1.2.6? Did you reinstall QuickTime 7.4.1? Did you update your graphic card driver with the latest driver available on the manufacturer web site?
This should solve 99% of your problem activation, OpenGL issue…

Concerning the webmaster@abvent.com address I checked it and it works.

Please try again.

NB: the forum is not the Abvent tech support. To do so Open a new ticketFree at:

http://www.abvent.com/support/center/

I hope this will help.
Alain Picard.
Abvant
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, Alain.

I'm truly sorry to hear that your website was attacked.
I'll never understand the hackers selfish, juvenile mentality.

I will open a Support Ticket...thanks again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just wanted to let everybody know that ABVENT came thru for me this morning and got my copy re-serialized.
I am very happy...thanks.

If a moderator would please remove the poll...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ledbetter, wrote:
Just wanted to let everybody know that ABVENT came thru for me this morning and got my copy re-serialized.
I am very happy...thanks.

If a moderator would please remove the poll...
After the bull, the bear?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah...
I guess it's like having severe tooth pain subside...the relief is immeasurable.