Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 10 Drawing organizer/layout book problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
This happens on a document that I have converted from 9 to 10.
Has anyone else experienced trying to "link to" multiple views in the same external file from the drawing organizer and getting all archicad files as grayed out? I can relink to external docs one at a time, but not in groups. Kinda a pain in the neck.

Also, when trying to bring a master layout from PM9, I can't for the life of me, get the text to transfer in anything other than a bitmapped image. I have tried copying the titleblock into AC9, converting it to 10 and copy/pasting it into a master layout in 10... the lines all transfer fine, but no text. I am not looking forward to recreating all the text in my title blocks again.

I know.... the answer is don't convert documents. Start new, but then why bother giving us the ability to convert?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
kegroup wrote:
This happens on a document that I have converted from 9 to 10.
Has anyone else experienced trying to "link to" multiple views in the same external file from the drawing organizer and getting all archicad files as grayed out? I can relink to external docs one at a time, but not in groups. Kinda a pain in the neck.
I haven't had the need to link to an external file yet, but merging the AC9 project and PM9 layout files into a single AC10 file linked up everything automatically. I'll have to try the external link to see what I get.
Also, when trying to bring a master layout from PM9, I can't for the life of me, get the text to transfer in anything other than a bitmapped image. I have tried copying the titleblock into AC9, converting it to 10 and copy/pasting it into a master layout in 10... the lines all transfer fine, but no text. I am not looking forward to recreating all the text in my title blocks again.
I haven't had this problem at all. Master layout title blocks are coming in just fine. Is there anything unusual in the way you have them set up in PM9?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had problems copying and pasting from PM9 into AC10 layout masters, with text coming in as text, but at really weird sizes (eg. 2.5mm becomes 2.473) and formatting is out of whack too.

I think I will just try merging from my old LBK template, which I only discovered you could do at the AC10 introduction training we had here the other night. Very helpful.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Let me be clear about what I did... I did merge in the .lbk which was converted to 10 (done according to the conversion guide) and all it brought in from the old master layout was the tiffs of my seal, logo, etc. No text or lines made the conversion. So I tried 3-4 other work arounds I can think of to get the info in. I did have text that had autotext embedded in it, but that doesn't explain why the plain text would not convert in any other form but a bitmap/image format.

By the time any of this resolves, I most likely will have just recreated the work and moved on. C'est la guerre!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same

Migrating drawings from 9 to 10 text came across bitmapped, resorted to setting up new masters. Didn't actually take that long just a bit frustrating.
Anonymous
Not applicable
just for the record & feedback to GS - same result here. I just re-created the master layout data in AC10.

-bdb