Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 15 - graphic setting in elevations, sections, etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable
what is the best way to adjust the display settings, graphics, visual appearance, etc. in the model of elements to work in different views.

in other words, how can i make a brick wall that is 40 feet behind the fore ground object read as farther away? i could adjust the skin setting some how, but then in a different elevation or section it would read wrong.

i wish there was a "depth setting" or something where you could over ride the graphic setting in just that view, without a bunch of complicated layer sets and stuff. ...more how editing in Autocads viewports does not change the model space.

i know how in every other drafting software but not AC yet.

anything would be a huge help. -thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
what is the best way to adjust the display settings, graphics, visual appearance, etc. in the model of elements to work in different views.

in other words, how can i make a brick wall that is 40 feet behind the fore ground object read as farther away? i could adjust the skin setting some how, but then in a different elevation or section it would read wrong.

i wish there was a "depth setting" or something where you could over ride the graphic setting in just that view, without a bunch of complicated layer sets and stuff. ...more how editing in Autocads viewports does not change the model space.

i know how in every other drafting software but not AC yet.

anything would be a huge help. -thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Look at this settings for Section and Elevations:
Karl Ottenstein
knosaj wrote:
i wish there was a "depth setting" or something where you could over ride the graphic setting in just that view, without a bunch of complicated layer sets and stuff. ..
There is ... for your example, i assume you are looking at a section or elevation. Either of these can be set to mark a 'distant' area - and in the tool settings you can set a lighter pen/etc for those elements.

For the most general question, things are varied by Model View Options, Partial Structure Display, Renovation Filter and Pen Sets. Pen Sets can give a great deal of power over changing pen color/weight in different views ... but cannot let you see a line as solid in one view and dashed in another though.

Finally, when a single view cannot show a drawing exactly as desired, one creates multiple views - each showing different elements such that when the group of views is stacked together as drawings on a layout, the complete drawing is seen. Each such view may have different model view options, pen set, layer combo of course, etc.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Oops. I missed that you had double-posted this question and answered the duplicate. I see andro55 already answered - maybe his answer and screenshot with my comments will help.

I've merged the duplicate threads now.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
THANKS!

ask and you shall receive, lol.

- i dont know why, but my posts always seem to double up. -strange. i only hit the submit button once.

anyway, im going to try it out right now!
i so excited. lol