Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 8.1 Doors not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know I've seen some discussion of this but I can't seem to find it. (I haven't paid that much attention to the issue since I rarely us the included libraries.)

The AC 8.1 doors in the US library are not working when placed in a wall in which SEOs have been used. The symptom is that doors which are supposed to appear paneled are modeling as solid. They work properly in the settings dialog preview.

I am using the US library "ArchiCAD Library 81.pla" dated 10 October 2003. Is there a more recent one that fixes the problem?

For anyone who is interested, I have found the problem in the GDL code for the door (D1 81.gsm in this case). It is in the 3D script (naturally) as follows:

!!! D1.gsm USA!!!

IF gs_detlevel_3D_m=0 THEN END
PEN gs_frame_pen
RESOL res

IF gs_shadow=0 THEN SHADOW OFF
IF gs_shadow=1 THEN SHADOW ON
IF GLOB_CONTEXT>20 THEN gs_detlevel_3D_m=1

The problem code (in red) is testing for new values of the GLOB_CONTEXT variable. In this case the culprit seems to be:

43 - generating as an operator from a 3D view

The line is resetting the 3D detail level to 1 (simple), thus the solid door.

I have fixed this for now for my own purposes but if there is a library update I would like to install it. I might even have it somewhere lost among all the versions I have on my laptop and server. I just want to know if it exists before I start searching.
0 REPLIES 0