Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC10 Drawing list customized order?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I am an intern at a firm just learning archicad, and am trying to set up the drawing list function following the office standard. However, I have found the drawing list options to be extremely limited when it comes to customization mixed with automation. Basically I am able to display all the drawings properly, but they are in alphabetical order; our architectural sets begin with Gx.xx for general drawings and Dx.xx for demolition drawings, followed by Ax.xx for plans, elevations, details, etc. In addition to this, we utilize headings for different sections of the drawing set; the previously mentioned G,D, and A would be under the Architectural heading, H for HVAC drawings, P for plumbing, etc. Is it possible to manually arrange the drawings (or even have it follow the order in the layout tree?), and is it possible to place heading titles in between segments? Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
arnemetis wrote:
Is it possible to manually arrange the drawings (or even have it follow the order in the layout tree?),
Manually is not possible AFAIK. You get the natural order of the layout book by setting the sort button to "blank" (not up or down) in Index Settings -> Fields -> Index Fields.
and is it possible to place heading titles in between segments?
I wish. I think the only way would be to create separate indexes for the various divisions, each with the appropriate header. So you would have an Architectural list consisting of the G, D, A divisions, then a Plumbing list, etc. Then stack them up in the layout.

HTH,
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
__archiben
Booster
James wrote:
and is it possible to place heading titles in between segments?
I wish. I think the only way would be to create separate indexes for the various divisions, each with the appropriate header. So you would have an Architectural list consisting of the G, D, A divisions, then a Plumbing list, etc. Then stack them up in the layout.
me too. this is big on the list of essentials for and kind of schedule isn't it? the ability to pick up on the hierarchy of the layout book and give you as many heading options as you have nested levels . . .

i have done exactly as james has mentioned (as you may have seen in my mactel<>PPC test file james!), but whenever i open that layout now i have to wait for 21 indexes to update . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Karl Ottenstein
James wrote:
arnemetis wrote:
Is it possible to manually arrange the drawings (or even have it follow the order in the layout tree?),
Manually is not possible AFAIK. You get the natural order of the layout book by setting the sort button to "blank" (not up or down) in Index Settings -> Fields -> Index Fields.,
Doh. Thanks, James. Never occured to be that 'unsorted' would be 'match layout tree'!

This should be the default setting, wouldn't you think? Who would (typically) want their sheet index to be in some order other than the tree order?

Thanks for the tip,
Karl

PS Agree with Ben about the need for headers...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB