Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC11 Door not showing opening in wall

Dennis Lee
Booster
Does anyone know why some doors show the wall going right through them as shown in this image? They are D1 Entrance 11, D1 Int Door 11, & D1 Garage 11 - so far.

This is an AC10 project migrated to AC11. If I unload AC11 library and reload AC10 library, the door openings come back. I haven't done that much work in AC11 yet - so is this a good time to scratch that and go back to the AC10 version file and continue in AC10? Or is it okay to just load the AC10 library and keep working in AC11? There's probably 1 or 2 rounds of plan check revisions left only.

I've noticed that certain doors in clean AC11 projects (sliding pocket door, bifold door, ...) also behave this way also.

SP32-20070720-144459.jpg
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
Check the "use fills" settings in the door and turn to off. If i remember correctly the same things happens to windows.
It could be the culprit.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Dennis Lee
Booster
thx but no... that doesn't help. the wall still goes right through my doors...
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Dennis Lee
Booster
Ok, I found out it is because of this file in the AC11 library that I modified as a work around.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=94997&highlight=trim#94997

It's a no win situation for me I guess. In order to migrate to AC11 I have to change this library part, but if I do, I get this problem.

I think I will just finish the project in AC10...
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Dennis Lee
Booster
Ok, found out the culprit in my original file that led to all these problems. It was because of my garage doors, that I put in a composite wall - but set it as a "solid wall" in the door settings because I didn't want to have 1/4" r.o. hotspots. When I changed the settings to "stud wall", the file works fine in the default AC11 + AC10 subset libraries. Guess those rough openings are pretty important!

All the doors' openings work as expected now w/ the standard libraries.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9