Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC27 3d window performance broken on Windows, developers refusing to help

MASz
Enthusiast

EDIT: The cause of the issue is that DrawShadowsDuringNavigationOGL is bugged. This affects performance even when shadows aren't turned on. It needs to be set to 0 in the Registry Editor under:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GRAPHISOFT\Archicad\Archicad 27.0.0\GSModeler\DrawShadowsDuringNavigationOGL

I have been dealing with severe 3d performance problems in Archicad 27 (frame rate drops, stutter, unresponsiveness) that are not present in 26. 3d window is the default Detailed Shading, no shadows. These mostly affect medium sized projects. I have lodged a ticket through Central Innovation (reference number #142104) and have been discussing this issue for months. I am very reliant on using the 3d window for my modelling and it needs to perform properly for me to be able to work in Archicad.

So far the Graphisoft developers have failed to carry out a proper investigation or even attempt to understand what my issue is. They have come back with nonsensical responses that don't address anything I've raised.

The problem is so severe that I have been unable to use Archicad 27 and have had to stick with 26. I have attempted to investigate on my own, provide workarounds, provide videos demonstrating, perform cleans, run FastLogger and suggest avenues of investigation, PLA files. Yet, much of this has been ignored and misunderstood by the developers.

This is clearly an unacceptable state of affairs. I am still waiting for a proper response and to be actually able to use 27. This is on top of the 2d drawing infrastructure being completely broken with scaling. So, both the 2d and 3d are broken - I am trying to help and it hasn't gone anywhere so far.

I am not sure if this is just isolated to Windows and if other users are experiencing similar issues to me? I am also not sure what everyone else's experience is dealing with technical issues but I don't often hear much positive on that front.

AC27 AUS, Windows 11, i9-13900KF, RTX3090, 128GB DDR5, 4k144 display
20 REPLIES 20

I did try this, as well as messing around with all the hardware acceleration settings, but it didn't seem to do anything for me. 

I have heard back from the developers and they confirmed it is a bug that is under further investigation. So we'll have to see how it goes.

AC27 AUS, Windows 11, i9-13900KF, RTX3090, 128GB DDR5, 4k144 display