Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD 20 Update 6005 Released

Csaba Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi All,

Today we have started to publicly release the next Update of ARCHICAD 20. This Update has been available as a preview version already and based on the feedback of the preview period we have slightly modified the Manager component of the server update packages.

The Update is already available for the AUS, AUT, GER, INT, NZE, UKI and USA versions, and will be followed by the rest of the language versions as soon as they pass our Quality Control. You can read the Release Notes and download the packages from our download sites:
- ARCHICAD 20 Update 6005 & BIM Server 20 Update 6022
- BIMcloud Manager 20 Update 6022 & BIMcloud Server/Delta Cache 20 Update 6006

BIMcloud Multiversion compatibility
This ARCHICAD 20 6005 Update along with the ARCHICAD 19 9001 Update enables ARCHICAD 19 and 20 to be compatible with the Multiversion BIMcloud, introduced with version 21.

Grasshopper Connection Add-On compatibility
With this new Update of ARCHICAD 20 we are introducing changes that needs a new, compatible Grasshopper-ARCHICAD 20 Live Connection as well. You can download this new Add-On from our
Rhino-Grasshopper download site. Beware that this new Grasshopper Add-On is only compatible with the new 6005 ARCHICAD Update and not with the previous ones.

Best regards,
Csaba Kézér
Director, Global Customer Support
Graphisoft
23 REPLIES 23
Ben Cohen
Advocate
Hi Csaba

We have found a serious bug in 6005 (Windows). The floor line of all our internal elevations (using the elevation tool) has disappeared in all projects. We are going to roll back to the previous hotfix if there is no 'easy' solution to this issue.

If you could get back to me ASAP it would be appreciated.
image001 copy.png
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Barry Kelly
Hi Ben,
I seem to be getting mixed results.
File based on my template seems fine.
But one I got from an external source has the missing floor.
But only if the section/elevation cuts the floor slab.
If the section/elevation line is in front then the floor top surface shows fine.

If I copy and paste my slab and section from my template to the other file it is fine there.
Add a new section line (using the default settings in the external file) and it doesn't work.
Transfer settings from my section to the other and it then works.
I figured out the only setting that was different was the boundary display was set to 'No contours'.
Changed it to 'Uncut Contours' and all was good again.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Ben Cohen
Advocate
Hi Barry

All our projects are set to 'No contour' with the base of the elevation set to 0. This gives the best results, for us.
My guess is the elevations that are working in your tests are set to 'Uncut Contours'
Regardless, 6005 has created a major issue for our office. It has happened to ALL Projects (not mixed results) and all windows machines. 5025 was fine.
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Barry Kelly
Yes our default is 'Uncut Contour'.

I can confirm that the floor (walls, ceilings) in section at the limits of the elevation extents did used to show in build 5025 and they no longer do in build 6005.

I am with you that when these elements are cut by the section/elevation line that cut edge should show regardless of the contour setting.
An element beyond the section/elevation line will show when at the extents so surely an element actually being cut should show as well.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Csaba Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi Ben & Barry,

Indeed we changed how we show contour lines of elements that have only one of their edges present in a S/E/IE. Previously we showed the contour lines of such elements with their Cut/Uncut Line & Pen, disregarding the setting of the Boundary Display function. In the new Update we take the Boundary Display setting into account:
- Uncut Contours: the contour line is displayed with it's Uncut Line & Pen
- No Contours: the contour line of the element disappears
- Override Contours: the contour line of the element gets overridden by the Line & Pen set as the override

So from this point the software works in a more logical way than before. At the same time I see your concern. If you have only an edge of an existing element present in a section, then you not necessarily want to replace this line with a special Boundary Contour. I guess what would make sense to have an On/Off checkbox for the Boundary Contour setting in the S/E/IE View Map settings with having it Off as default. This way your drawing's edges wouldn't get compromised, unless you specifically want them to be.

I will discuss this with our Product Development team and get back to you when I have some news.

Csaba
Csaba Kézér
Director, Global Customer Support
Graphisoft
Barry Kelly
Hi Csaba,
Please don't change things mid-flight in a version for what is probably one of the last hotfixes for version 20.
Maybe change it as a 'new feature' for 21 but I would rather that didn't happen there either.

Fortunately for me it looks as if my template is set to use 'Uncut, contours, so I should see no change.
I don't particularly like using that as it forces lines to all boundaries, but I think it is because we had problems with it many years ago, or maybe it is because this option never existed in the early days and it is the default that just crept in.
I can't really remember now.
I know we have had trouble with the cut surface of the slab disappearing a few versions ago that got fixed.
If we really don’t want a line on the boundary then we will go over it with a white line.

However I feel (and I am sure Ben will as well) that when the edge of an element is on the limit of the section/elevation then that should still be there when 'no contours' is chosen.
It is a fine line (pardon the pun) but the element is still being cut and so should still be seen.
Otherwise we will have to set our sections to a limit of -1mm (or similar) to trick the slab into showing (or manually add lines).
This should not be necessary.

If we don't want the slab to show we could easily turn the layer off in that view or increase the limit of the section by a small amount.

Maybe there should just be 2 states, ‘no contour override’ and ‘contour override’.

‘No contour override’ will show what you have – if an element is in section and even if it is just the surface on the section limit it will show. If an element is not in section and extends beyond the limits of the section there should be no edge contour (no cut).
This is how the ‘no contours’ should work in my opinion (as it was before).
‘No contours’ is probably a bad name which is why I think it should possibly be ‘no contour override’

‘Contour override’ will then allow the contours to be set as any line type required (although it would be better to be able to override all 4 edges independently).
It could also have an option for ‘no line’ which would give the effect that you have now changed the ‘no contours’ option to.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Brett Brown
Advocate
Hi All, is this problem you are talking about anything to do with the intersection line between walls and a mesh in elevations? I was told months ago this would be fixed by Graphisoft Support. Still not in 6005. I am surprised a lot more users haven't been posting about it.
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Barry Kelly
Brett wrote:
Hi All, is this problem you are talking about anything to do with the intersection line between walls and a mesh in elevations? I was told months ago this would be fixed by Graphisoft Support. Still not in 6005. I am surprised a lot more users haven't been posting about it.
No this is purely to do with section/elevation settings.

I am not aware of the wall/mesh problem.
May be good to start another post if there isn't one already.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
garimdias
Participant
Any idea why this is happening?? [/img]