cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Accidentally rotated objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

I'm working on an office tower and i rotated my building including all the objects to what the true north orientation is on my site, however, now every time i place a new object, because the tower is rotated the objects aren't aligned to the same angle and it's just difficult to work on a rotated building. I want to rotate it back to it's original position so it is facing the same direction the model space is at 0.00 degrees, but i have no idea what angle i rotated in the first place so i can't get it perfect by rotating manually by eye.

Can anyone help get it back to it's original position?

I've attached a print screen to explain what i mean.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would click on the marquee tool and select the heavy line marquee (the light one affects the floor you're on and the heavy affects all floors). Draw that around the building and select all which will select the stuff on the floors above and below tho you can't see it. Now hit ctrl-e for rotate and select a corner of the building then draw the rotate angle down the building side, now the building should be rotating, rotate to approximately to where it should be then hit the shift key which locks the direction so you can get a definite 0degree lock then click. Before you hit escape to dismiss the marquee, you might have to hit ctrl-d to drag the building to be positioned correctly.

In the Options under Project Preferences there is a entry called Set Project North, use that to set north.

Also, look in the pic, there is a rotate orientation that rotates the x-y axis but only visually and that might help get the rotated building but keep the coordinates square.

Consult the help file for more info or if you need more help come and ask.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank so much, that worked perfectly.