Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Aligning eave/fascia on roof of 2 different roof pitches?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have this problem all the time and I don't know how to resolve it. You can see from the pictures what I end up with that I cannot resolve. All roof edges are defined as vertical angles but one pitch has a large fascia than the other. What do I do to get these to line up correctly and stay the same height?
3 REPLIES 3
Lingwisyer
Guru
Looks like you've set your roof thickness to tangential instead of vertical, in which case they won't line up if the thickness are set to the same. Construction wise this would probably be correct as your rafters are probably the same size, but in that case you're probably building a fascia onto your eaves or leaving your rafters exposed. So you have two options:

1. Set the roof thickness to vertical, in which case they will line up, but the thickness is not "real".
2. Use an object such as the Gutter & Fascia complex profiles available with the beam tool which you could customise to what ever profile you desire when you need more detail.

Ling.

ps. You could also model your roof as a multi-pitch instead of multiple single-pitches in which case the tool will manage those connections itself. Once drawn you can edit the pitch from each pitching point to what ever you need.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did have it as a multi-pitch roof and it did the same thing. I started with a multi-plane roof (all like pitches), then selected the ones I want to change. The roof was still connected in a multi-plane with 2 pitches and this was the result. I only changed it to single after I couldn't get it to look right either way and I needed to modify certain sections.

Where do I go to set roof thickness to vertical?
Lingwisyer
Guru
There's a small drop down next to where you set the thickness.

Ah, I see the issue with making a multi-plane multi-pitch.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660