Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Alt-Y and Alt-X stop responding

Anonymous
Not applicable
People
Sometimes and after working for several hours with ArchiCAD the Alt-X and Alt-Y key combinations stop responding and I have to start a new project with default settings and then open the project I was working on for these key combinations to start responding again.
Any solutions or suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4
Djordje
Ace
chris_pap wrote:
Sometimes and after working for several hours with ArchiCAD the Alt-X and Alt-Y key combinations stop responding and I have to start a new project with default settings and then open the project I was working on for these key combinations to start responding again.
Which keyboard layout?

Caps Lock on or off?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
English American layout Djordje.
Caps off all the time
David Collins
Advocate
Chris, check and see if you've accidently switched over to Greek letters. ArchiCAD doesn't understand chi and ypsilon!
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
Djordje
Ace
David wrote:
Chris, check and see if you've accidently switched over to Greek letters. ArchiCAD doesn't understand chi and ypsilon!
Exactly my point. The shortcut for the origin placement is the same as the Windows one for changin keyboards; the first thin I turn off in Windows, after a shootout where I lost one hour until I realized that there were THREE keyboard layouts specified ...

Make sure that your keyboard is always at English layout. Except when typing Greek, of course!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen