Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Alt-x ALt-y Alt-a and Alt-R constraints in 8.1

Anonymous
Not applicable
What happened to Alt-x ALt-y Alt-a and Alt-R constraints in 8.1?

They don't seem to work, can I get them back?

And also is the Shift selection method in any tool that used to be until 7.0 version back?

BEst regards,

António Pina
5 REPLIES 5
Djordje
Ace
afpina wrote:
What happened to Alt-x ALt-y Alt-a and Alt-R constraints in 8.1? They don't seem to work, can I get them back?
They do work; however, they can be a bit slow to catch on.
And also is the Shift selection method in any tool that used to be until 7.0 version back?
Regretfully not
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
afpina wrote:
What happened to Alt-x ALt-y Alt-a and Alt-R constraints in 8.1? They don't seem to work, can I get them back?

If you start drawing, click the first point, go in a given direction and lock it with shift key, you won't be able to activate ALT+X or Y while maintaining the shift key pressed... ALT+A will work !
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm. I can't get Alt + A to work while the shift key is pressed. All that happens for me is the "drag a copy" toggles on and off and the A keystroke is ignored. I can't tell you how many unwanted copies I've dragged since moving to 8.1.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
afpina wrote:

I've noticed a strange behavior of AC : if other application have their windows opened in the background, AC won't consider the keystroke (F keys, etc). If these applications are not closed, but minimized, all shortcut keys are working !
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is another factor -- and it annoys me to no end. All the shortcuts, including Alt+X, etc., are case sensitive. You must have caps lock turned OFF in order for them to work. This has caused me a number of headaches when try to annotate because I have to keep switching between capitals (for annotating) and lower case (for shortcuts). It bites!