cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Annoyances with Detail Markers

I have tried using the linked Detail markers (I'm interested in the Detail Part markers) in plan views, but I:

1) Can't them to rotate to the vertical orientation.
2) I can't flip them to the horizontal orientation pointing down.
3) The Detail Part Marker_NCS11 doesn't have a separator line between 1st & 2nd lines of text, and looks terrible. (Not like the preview.)

I could certainly use a "dumb" marker, but then I wouldn't get the linking. I guess I can use the section marker, but it seems like the wrong tool. Any suggestions?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
let's face it, these markers are supremely annoying, ornery, difficult, and perplexingly complicated.

it's doubly annoying that we're required to wade through such complexity to achieve such childish third-rate graphics!

I think the old "listing and calculations" team was out of work so they assigned them the detail markers, which exhibit the same high degree of unusability.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Richard wrote:
Link,

Thanks for that, but that's not the detail marker that's giving me trouble. I'm trying to get a marker like the attached, but able to be rotated.
I want to have also this one.
In the Revit this marker is standard marker.
A followup-

I discovered that the markers CAN be rotated. (I hadn't noticd the "Marker Angle" setting.)

However, once placed, you can't just rotate them manually. You have to adjust the Marker Angle setting.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
GS,
Why the missing separator line was not fixed in the latest update to AC & library??
Anonymous
Not applicable
This beautiful marker is just for american colleague...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am also very frustrated with the markers. You can rotate them with the marker angle, but the text also rotates (do not like!). Also, when I change the separator line to dashed, it changes the line in the marker to dashed as well. Hello ArchiCAD developers!!!!! Where are you?
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
I guess there's no solutions? It's pretty tragic. The markers were almost there in AC10. I was finally getting used to the function of each hotspot. I'd like to use the built-in markers for my latest templates, but they refuse to work correctly. It's like we're back to 8 or 9.

Keep this one running. Maybe we can see a library update before AC12 shows up. Actually, if they're going to do yearly upgrades, they need to make the library process smoother. Changing libraries is always the most painful part of the upgrade. Especially with critical parts like this.
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB