Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License outage
Dear Customers, We are facing with an outage in our services in Azure. You may experience issues with the Azure-based functions, like licensing, BIMcloud SaaS, Learn Portal. We are working hard on this issue to make it fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Another use for "Special Point Constraint" control

Stress Co_
Advisor
This maybe nothing new, but....

Use it to move an existing object (wall, line, toilet, etc.) a set distance away from another object. For a bad example: a toilet has been placed, and I want to move it...... so it's 18” from the centerline of the toilet, to the edge of the adjacent wall.

1. Select toilet.
2. Command D (Edit-Drag)
3. “D” (to activate “special point constraint”)
4. Select center point of toilet
5. Move pointer in direction of move.
6. Hit “R” & input distance (Shift before R if you want to “lock in angle”)
7. Return
8. Drag the cursor to the edge of wall.

Is there an easier to do the same? I used to drag “the object” to the “other object” and then drag it back away the necessary distance. This way I probably save 2.375 seconds out of my day, but I like that.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
HANIEL wrote:
But is it not easier to 'drag & drag back'? ...and faster. Keying in two sets of numbers is probably slower. But it is interesting as a teacher of archicad to see how different minds work!

easier to place the object once, drag & drag back, faster than putting your cursor onto a known point, telling the program how far away from that point to place the WC once and hitting the Enter key... I think not.

Further, if you use the proper placement method (see attached) you don't even have to worry about the orientation of the object until the placement point has already been set in the drawing.

woodster

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!