Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Applying Materials to Custom Profile Objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have made a "Round Beam" Profile. I have selected the color in the editor profile, but it only colors the ends of the object, and the rest of the object appears white.

How do I apply the material to the whole object?? My 3D model of a Log home does not look very nice with WHITE angled truss pieces!! PLEASE HELP!!
3 REPLIES 3
Dwight
Newcomer
Parts of the object are colored from within the editor and others with the material selection in the beam tool like usual. Play with the override button in the complex profile dialog - apply to selection.

Or

start a new trend to painting log parts. It could catch on.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried a few different things, and it does not change anything. I have tried going into the "Beam Selections" and the colors for all other sides, but the ends are blurred out, uneditable. I am still confused as to how I can change this. Anyone?? Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
The Materials thing for custom profiles stumped me at first too.

Select the profile in the profile manager
hit 'edit chosen profile'
If all the sides of the profile are the same, you can keep the 'Side Materials' radio button set to 'Uniform' and choose the desired material.

-if not-
Set the Radio button to Custom
select the fill the defines the profile.
Select the edge that you wish to adust material for.
using the pet palette adjust materials for individual edges by selecting the 'Side Material Icon.'

That does it for the profile edges. Now for the ends.

These are simply adjusted through the tool settings dialoge box. ie. Beam settings for beams w/custom profiles, wall settings for walls etc...