Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 11 Hotfix-1210

Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
We have found a serious bug in the Interactive Schedule Add-On that may cause incorrect values in zone schedules. To fix this, we have released today Hotfix-1210, which replaces the Interactive Schedule Add-On.

Hotfix-1210 is unusual in the way that it is not a cumulative patch, so it can be applied only to a build 1200 ArchiCAD. If you are on an older build, you have to install build 1200 first.

The Hotfix is available through 'Help/ Check for updates' or through the automatic update. Please do read the Release Notes, if you are upgrading from 1114 or earlier.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
45 REPLIES 45
Thomas Holm
Booster
Joseph, does Diskwarrior fix (or preferably remove) the new ACL permissions of Leopard (if I request that)?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
.........ACL permissions ...................?
Thomas I do not know what ACL is but this is the process I go through when installing any major or not so major Software/FirmWare installation, which for the 1st time did not do it for Built 1210 and got me:

1. I boot from Diskwarrio CD and "Rebuild Directory"
2. Run the "File Damage & Compatibility" from the CD
3. In OS X environment run "Repair Permission" of the disk utility application of OS X

And before all these I delete (also from trash) the Cache & Logs in the Home Library.

This is all based on recommendation of http://www.macfixit.com/

So far all good.
Take Care,
Joseph
p.s. After asking several times from my reseller about the dwg font conversion, GS has not responded yet!
Eduardo Rolon
Rebuilt AC using the CD and reinstalled and everything worked fine.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Thomas Holm
Booster
Joseph wrote:
Thomas I do not know what ACL is but this is the process I go through when installing any major or not so major Software/FirmWare installatio
Thanks Joseph. Access Control Lists is the new kind of 'extra' permissions that Apple has introduced in Leopard. (I think it's a BSD/Unix thing, not their own invention).

As related elsewhere, I got the major permissions disease that some people have been plagued by when upgrading from Tiger to Leopard. I was under the impression that an Archive and Install with Keep Settings would do the trick, but not.

Thanks to Ejrolon, I applied the Apple permissions fix, and it seems to have gotten me out of the worst swamp, but it didn't fix everything. I'm convinced the remaining issues have to do with ACLs - even when I've set full access to everybody. some files or folders still report that 'you have customized access' (or something like it).

I regularly read Macfixit, but it seems to me they've gone a little too far in crying wolf the last couple of years. But this time I should have listened and done a clean wipe and install. I just thought it was too much work.

This is why I asked about Diskwarrior. It might help, but I'm not sure. I guess I'll have to do a complete wipe and re-install of the system some day. But I might as well wait until Apple has fixed the worst glitches in Leopard. There seems to be some glaring issues still.
Eduardo Rolon
Sadly Thomas the clean an install only works if you don't bring "anything" from your previous user, once you copy a file then you start getting the unknown user again. So by not doing a clean install you saved a lot of time.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Thomas wrote:
I regularly read Macfixit, but it seems to me they've gone a little too far in crying wolf the last couple of years. But this time I should have listened and done a clean wipe and install. I just thought it was too much work.
I still think you took the right approach. I've never done a clean wipe and re-install when upgrading, including the move to Leopard, and suffered no ill-effects. A complete reinstallation would be a disastrous waste of time. Before upgrading I always:
  • - Run Disk Utility to repair permissions and verify
    - Make a comprehensive backup
I'm also quite selective about I install. Some Mac users have fallen foul of 3rd party applications which used undocumented APIs and caused no end of problems under Leopard.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
Ed_Brown
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
A subtle tip from Graphisoft Technical Support.

Avoid ACL for the time being on the Mac. Unless you like surprises -- that is.
Graphisoft Technical Support
Thomas Holm
Booster
Ralph wrote:
I still think you took the right approach. I've never done a clean wipe and re-install when upgrading, including the move to Leopard, and suffered no ill-effects. A complete reinstallation would be a disastrous waste of time. Before upgrading I always:
  • - Run Disk Utility to repair permissions and verify
    - Make a comprehensive backup
I did that. I always do. This time, it wasn't enough. As you know, I got the nasty unknown group weird permissions issue, whcih Ejrolon helped me solve here: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=115808#115808
The remaining problem is that the Apple fix that ejrolon pointed to is not a full fix. The fix doesn't turn ACLs off, it introduces a new user group for every user. A weird workaround if you ask me. It works when you use the machine in a fully orthodox way and have nothing installed outside the regular user account. But if you have anything more, there are remaining issues, I guess because Apple's base config actually uses ACLs to some degree. That must be why Fiery remote scan doesn't work. And it also screws up your server connection, since it introduces new and hitherto unheard of users and groups. We backup our projects to a common fileserver which is Tiger-based. It's essential that everyone has full access to all projects saved there.
I'm also quite selective about I install. Some Mac users have fallen foul of 3rd party applications which used undocumented APIs and caused no end of problems under Leopard.
Absolutely. But I have not, unless you count EFI Fiery systems as one of those. Problem is we need it.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Ed wrote:
A subtle tip from Graphisoft Technical Support.

Avoid ACL for the time being on the Mac. Unless you like surprises -- that is.
Ed, I think you're right. But please tell me if there is a way to completely turn ACLs off, or at least allow full ACL access to every file and folder at this moment, so that only the 'ordinary' permissions apply?
Ed_Brown
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
For Leopard Server I found the following answer:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=6820175

I haven't tried this yet. (probably the same steps for a non server Leopard)

I should also note that ArchiCAD will be fully compatible with ACL, but current test plans don't include ACL.
Graphisoft Technical Support