Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 9 is shipping in mid-September!

Bence Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Archi-Talkers,

We are happy to announce on ArchiCAD-Talk that ArchiCAD 9 will be released in September 2004. Shipment will start with the INT, US and GER versions followed by other localized language versions over the coming months. Based on the results of extensive beta testing we are confident that this version will be the most robust version of ArchiCAD ever. Please check www.graphisoft.com for the official press release on ArchiCAD 9! And... enjoy!

Bence Kovacs
Vice President

ArchiCAD Product Management
Graphisoft
174 REPLIES 174
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Depends on who you talk to, about weather DWG intergration is critical or not.

I am very happy with what Graphisoft has given us, content NO, of course some thing, in this case ArchiCAD, can always be better.

Why would Graphisoft fix up stairmaker when we now have Archistair from Cigraph?

It's free too

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
well I just found the first glitch with AC9. The Quick time movie clips will not show, no way no how. Downloaded QT 6.5 (the very latest) Installed QT. Tried three different qt movies on AC9's whats new. No go. Downloaded the QT movies to disk. Still can't make them work. Apple and AC 9 don't like each other allready.
MarinRacic
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
oreopoulos wrote:
If you have a long wish list and less than 1% of those wishes makes it to the next version then sorry but we are heading nowhere. I means that we will cover the wishes in 100 years.. next time the olympics come to athens.
You said about dwg integration..Is that critical? Hardly. The text editor was critical and is a great feature. Hatches on slabs roofs etch is another great one. Saves time. They didnt even change the stairmaker witch is the longer poll in the wish list.

Am i going crazy or you are satisfied with what they give you?
I totally agree with this statement! The number should've been 8.5...
It would've been 8.2 if it weren't for the new dockable palettes and user profiles.

Firm where I work needs free form walls and completely custom columns. Hope 9.1 or 9.2 will solve at least some of the wishlist most-wanted items!
MBPro Retina 2.7i7/16GB/SSD
AC ...20/21
www.3Dart.hr
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ben wrote:
Depends on who you talk to, about weather DWG intergration is critical or not.

I am very happy with what Graphisoft has given us, content NO, of course some thing, in this case ArchiCAD, can always be better.

Why would Graphisoft fix up stairmaker when we now have Archistair from Cigraph?

It's free too

Cheers.
Ben
Ben archistair is third party and archiwall and and. Stairs are NOT chairs and tables to be provided by third party.

We were asking for differect section-plan fills for walls (to say smthf basic) and was ignored as almost ALL of other wishes of all users.
To inform you docable pallets are 5 minutes of work if you have ever made code with delphi or visual c++ and we could live without it.

If you boys say its ok... then we could have NO of our wishes implemented.
The reason i left autocad behind is they thought we were fools. From version autocad 2000 to 2005 we have features that we ought to see in 1 version skip.

I could shut up if it was 8.3 or 8.5.. but 9???
PLease make a list of all our polls (or the most visitied ones) and see.
If OUR opinion does not matter then we should be told so.

I was really hoping for some features of the many asked here and we get only 2 for design (text and hatch).

I am waiting for Djorgie's opinion
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dr wrote:
well I just found the first glitch with AC9. The Quick time movie clips will not show, no way no how. Downloaded QT 6.5 (the very latest) Installed QT. Tried three different qt movies on AC9's whats new. No go. Downloaded the QT movies to disk. Still can't make them work. Apple and AC 9 don't like each other allready.
Have you downloaded the techsmith ensharpen codec for quicktime, it can be found at http://www.techsmith.com/download/ensharpendefault.asp?lid=DownloadEnSharpen

as a mac user dowload the AC9 Powerful 3 movie, this gives details of the new renderer running on multi processor G5's. sweet.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Somebody said ..........I could shut up if it was 8.3 or 8.5.. but 9???

Holy crap plotmakers gone from version 3.1 to version 9 it must be really good now
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
oreopoulos.
I hear what you are saying, I think that you will find that most, if not all of the new features are indeed wishes.
I belive, from a reliable source, that Graphisoft has a wish list with some 5000 wishes and growing every day.

I agree that maybe some important issues may have been over looked but as I stated earlier there are enough new and fantastic features to warrant the name ArchiCAD 9.

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
1) Docable palletes (interface feature)
2) User Profiles (interface feature)
3) Slightly new menu system (interface feature)
4) Magnet tool for selection (work feature)
5) Create new stories on the fly (work feature)
6) Every layer pop-up shows all attributes (work feature)
7) Additions in 2d pet pallet such as simultaneous filleting of
all edges of a polygon (work feature)
Cool Hatches in slabs zones... (work feature)
9) Text orientation in xrefs (work feature)
10) Dimensions and user profiles (work feature)
11) Grid layout and fixed width autotext in Plotmaker (work feature)
12) Full integration of pdf in plotmaker. No printer driver is needed and the layout of each page is read automatically of the layout page (output feature)
13) Internal Text Editor (at last) (work feature)
14) Lightworks Rendering engine (work feature)
15) Faster

These are the features in the new version.
Sorry but if they have 5000 wishes that means that they must not include only 15 in a new version.
As simple as that.
See the wish list. Please. The most wanted are simply ignored
Anonymous
Not applicable
oreopoulos wrote:
Sorry but if they have 5000 wishes that means that they must not include only 15 in a new version.
As simple as that.

If they granted all 5000 wishes what would they put in ArchiCAD 10?

Probably 4500 bug fixes!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lennox wrote:
oreopoulos wrote:
As simple as that.

If they granted all 5000 wishes what would they put in ArchiCAD 10?

Probably 4500 bug fixes!
If they have 5000 improtant wishes then it means they have a really bad product.
And because archicad is great 5000 is just a joke