cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 9 is shipping in mid-September!

Bence Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Archi-Talkers,

We are happy to announce on ArchiCAD-Talk that ArchiCAD 9 will be released in September 2004. Shipment will start with the INT, US and GER versions followed by other localized language versions over the coming months. Based on the results of extensive beta testing we are confident that this version will be the most robust version of ArchiCAD ever. Please check www.graphisoft.com for the official press release on ArchiCAD 9! And... enjoy!

Bence Kovacs
Vice President

ArchiCAD Product Management
Graphisoft
174 REPLIES 174
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lennox wrote:
Oreopolous said..

.In Greece its an 6K tool First.
Second if you dont demand you wont recieve. Do you agree?
For the time beeing Revit is not a clearly better choice, but are we leaving all to competition? Of course the new environment will help you. Did i say it wont? Did i say i see steps backward? No I said that after 2 years i was expecting features

Well if we are going to be pedantic then it hasnt taken 2 years....

Archicad 8 was released in circa. Nov / Dec 2002. Its September 2004 now.
YOu are trying ot be smart or sarcastic?
Anonymous
Not applicable
oreopoulos wrote:
Lennox wrote:
Oreopolous said..

.In Greece its an 6K tool First.
Second if you dont demand you wont recieve. Do you agree?
For the time beeing Revit is not a clearly better choice, but are we leaving all to competition? Of course the new environment will help you. Did i say it wont? Did i say i see steps backward? No I said that after 2 years i was expecting features

Well if we are going to be pedantic then it hasnt taken 2 years....

Archicad 8 was released in circa. Nov / Dec 2002. Its September 2004 now.
YOu are trying ot be smart or sarcastic?
Only stating facts, as you did by qualifying that in Greece AC costs 6K
I did not mean to offend.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok
Dwight
Newcomer
I've been working the various iterations of the Beta for several months. It never had any work-terminating flaws.

GS has delayed the release of this upgrade to be assured of quality. No one admits it, but I understand that the software developers not sacked after the last upgrade disaster were required to tie a rubber egg on their foreheads at work until the problems wre remedied.

Be cetain that the Graphisoft officers appearing at ACUE next week won't require bodyguards like last time.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
Epix export is supported on mac.
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Ace
Guys ... I have deadlines to meet

Sorry for not chiming in earlier, but for me, and Bens and Dwight and some others that are keeping mum, all of the frustration Oreopulos is going through happened quite some time ago, when we dowloaded the first betas ...

For what it is worth:

I have been working on real live projects in various betas of 9 for quite some months now. No crashes worth mentioning, and I have been known to crash a fork and throw coffee machines into frenzy, let alone a beta software!

It does not want more than 8.1 hardware wise. If you are up to date whatever is your platrform, it will be OK.

No, you don't see anything from outside, except Lightworks (no, NOT LightWave!) Then you start working in it ... mmmmm ... after a prolonged cursing exercise while setting up your work environment.

The last 8 projects I did are exclusively and utterly done in 9, except some of the the ArchiCigraph stuff that I had to do in 8.1 and hated every moment of it. Yes, their APIs were also included in the beta testing program.

I am the first one to scream when GS does not listen - but believe me, and this was not my first beta test, that this time they listened with their ears very wide open.

It will be very hard to demo - I already feel sorry for the sales guys out there - and the real appreciation can come only with using it. Somewhat like driving an old VW Beetle, or an old Jag - a no nonsense experience.

Jump in, the water is pleasantly cold
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Guys ... I have deadlines to meet

... all of the frustration Oreopulos is going through happened quite some time ago, when we dowloaded the first betas ...

I have been working on real live projects in various betas of 9 for quite some months now. No crashes worth mentioning, and I have been known to crash a fork and throw coffee machines into frenzy, let alone a beta software!

I am the first one to scream when GS does not listen - but believe me, and this was not my first beta test, that this time they listened with their ears very wide open.

It will be very hard to demo - I already feel sorry for the sales guys out there - and the real appreciation can come only with using it. Somewhat like driving an old VW Beetle, or an old Jag - a no nonsense experience.

Jump in, the water is pleasantly cold
At last teh opinion i was waiting for.
Yes Djordje. I know its not curses nor praises affair here, but stability of a version should be the first thing one should expect from every version.
We dont buy software to be buggy , and if it is, its not a matter of a new version to fix that

Just one question Djordje. Dont you think that implementing 15-20 more modelling stuff and postponing the release for 5-6 months is more logical?

I know from coding a lot , and i suspect the code is pretty much object oriented, so implementing functions is not too much. If the code is the old top down approach then.....

I am "glad" you are not sattisfied either, but i wish we were both delighted.
As for sales guys, i wouldnt want to be in their position.

One suggestion to GS.
Promise 9.x in 6-8 months FREE and announce the extra features.
I dont want do be selled stability witch ought to be there in the first place.
Rick Thompson
Expert
I will praise the stability of 9 from the Mac perspective. Testing 8.1 was very sad and made me wonder about GS, but not right now. They have gotten there feces together, IMHO. A very professional test period, and it has been very stable on a 10.3.x/5 (except for a minor expose issue... which seems to be Apples job). I will definitely buy it... speed... Lightworks ... FILLS ON SLABS... praise the Lord.. many nice touches, and yes, plenty of room to still give talkers something to wish for. After all, if we couldn't wish for expansion we might just be a black hole, and that doesn't sound like too much fun. And, for the Mac users we finally have an icon bar across the top... and customizable too... praise All the Lords all over the entire planet (and all other places - I read today SETI is picking up some interesting stuff and getting excited.)
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the best addition to ArchiCAD 9 is the reintroduction of "AA" feature to the ArchiTalk Forum

I'll gladly pay the upgrade fee for all of the "productivity enhancements" that don't qualify as "new features". After all production is 80% of the game (wish it were less.)
Dwight
Newcomer
Right.

"AA" Feature?

ArchiCAD Anonymous?

"Hi, I'm Dwight. I'm an ArchiCADDICT."
Dwight Atkinson