cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 9 is shipping in mid-September!

Bence Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Archi-Talkers,

We are happy to announce on ArchiCAD-Talk that ArchiCAD 9 will be released in September 2004. Shipment will start with the INT, US and GER versions followed by other localized language versions over the coming months. Based on the results of extensive beta testing we are confident that this version will be the most robust version of ArchiCAD ever. Please check www.graphisoft.com for the official press release on ArchiCAD 9! And... enjoy!

Bence Kovacs
Vice President

ArchiCAD Product Management
Graphisoft
174 REPLIES 174
Anonymous
Not applicable
oreopoulos wrote:
Lennox wrote:
oreopoulos wrote:
Sorry but if they have 5000 wishes that means that they must not include only 15 in a new version.
As simple as that.
See the wish list. Please. The most wanted are simply ignored

If they granted all 5000 wishes what would they put in ArchiCAD 10?

Probably 4500 bug fixes!
If they have 5000 improtant wishes then it means they have a really bad product.
And because archicad is great 5000 is just a joke
Ben didnt say they had 5000 IMPORTANT wishes, only 5000 wishes!

IMHO, unless you are a beta tester its not fair to say whether or not this release is "good enough" for a whole point increase, lets get our hands on this revision, use it for a while and only then can we decide to give it the thumbs up or down.

Like Karl, Id pay the upgrade fee just to be able to use the lightworks rendering engine
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lightwave , text editor, hatches are the 3 important stuff.
Pdf and grid in plotmaker minor
user profiles + docable paletes are even simpler.

The problem is that if we dont say this is NOT GOOD to be counted as an upgrade then we would NEVER have an upgrade worth of the paying fee.

I wont upgrade if these are the only features included.
Sorry but not upgrading is a political action. I ask for more not without reason.

Just think what was introduced from version 7 to 8 and think what you are given from 8 to 9.

I would better wait for version 10. 11 12 or leave the program behind if they think that after 2 years this is a whole version ahead.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oreopolous said "Just think what was introduced from version 7 to 8 and think what you are given from 8 to 9."

Yes, your right we did get a lot of goodies going from version 7 to 8, however I also remember; bugs, more bugs and an extremely unreponsive application (albeit running on older(mac) hardware).

You must remember that on the wishlist, many were advocating "No new features" purely a revisiting of the exisitng feature set. It appears that a compromise may have been found by GS, and one that I for one, am happy with.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well it does seem a bit underwhelming but Lightwave does earn GS a lot of points.. I was close to buying C4D or some other rendering app.. so, in a way GS has saved me money! Plus I got some program improvements.. I did expect the wish list reduced a bit though..

Goes to show how backwards the interface was.. so bad for new users perhaps new features would have been less accessible.. Now GS has put the interface in order they can attack that list??. It's like having a messy workspace and trying to add new stuff.. better to clean it up first.. sure took GS a while to do something seemingly simple..
Jefferson
Participant
........and the price tag for this amazing upgrade will be?
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
LiHigh
Newcomer
Jefferson wrote:
........and the price tag for this amazing upgrade will be?
I do know that a copy of lisenced v9 is 250 USD in China.
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
Petros Ioannou
Booster
Maybe GS should take into consideration the fact that existing users are not ecxited by the announcement. Even if AC9 has great improvements, if this is something you can only understand by using it then they should redesign their advertising policy.

And a small correction: Lightworks, not Lightwave.

Petros
ArchiCAD 22 4023 UKI FULL,
Archicad 21 6013 UKI FULL, ArchiCAD 20 8005 UKI FULL
iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB
David Collins
Advocate
Ben wrote:

Why would Graphisoft fix up stairmaker when we now have Archistair from Cigraph?
But for how long?
By which I mean, can we expect all the current versions of Cigraph add-ons to be blown out of the water again by ArchiCAD 9?

David Collins
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
I'm pretty sure, though not 100%, that Cigraph will release all of their add-ons for ArchiCAD 9.

Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lennox wrote:
Oreopolous said "Just think what was introduced from version 7 to 8 and think what you are given from 8 to 9."

Yes, your right we did get a lot of goodies going from version 7 to 8, however I also remember; bugs, more bugs and an extremely unreponsive application (albeit running on older(mac) hardware).

You must remember that on the wishlist, many were advocating "No new features" purely a revisiting of the exisitng feature set. It appears that a compromise may have been found by GS, and one that I for one, am happy with.
And you are sure that there are zero bugs in v9?

If we dont protest for that realese then that is the product we deserve.
We are ignored and this is said out loud.
At least we should know that. We come to this forum, communicate, make polls,wish list, because we think we are HEARD. if we are not we should be said so.

Its like you have microsft word that in every new edition the give you small changes. But they cannt give you more because word is a mature product. But here? Just write down what we got from 7 to 8.
And what we are getting know.
In accordance it should be called 8.3 and we should expect at least 3 times more features to call it v9.

After 2 years of waiting we get this.. I am getting mad.
And when i am mad i do creazy things... like looking at competitors products again.

And one more think.
Fixing bugs is not an issue for a new release.
We DONT HAVE to PAY to get a BUG FREE version.
That is an issue of a patch release.
If you think that 10 small new features are enough for a new release then i am sorry but you are destined to recieve what they give you.

OPEN YOUR EYES