Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD10 & IntelMac.Which binary GS didnt make univers

Anonymous
Not applicable
i'm frustrated about ArchiCAD10 performance on Intel based mac.
i'm using AC10 build 987 INT & iMac core duo 20" (+19" for extended desktop mode) 2Ghz 1.5GB ram.
yeshh, i have seen the testing results (http://www.graphisoft.com/company/press_zone/mactel100.html), but where are they in the real life?
does anyone experience the same problems??
file saving is soooo.o.o.o.oooo slow, layouts (even containing just 2 placed drawings, and they aint that "heavy"), section generation etc... i dunno, it seems to me, smth is wrong. for example, 3d generation takes long, but when it is finaly created, the "explore" mode works very smoothly. like some part of intel version is ub, but some not. well, at least it can use openGL.
i DO want to believe the test results. thus the problem is in my machine? anyone has faced the same problems and found the solution? reinstalling? fontbook custom? any patcehes? could the problem be, that im using customized plst file in archicad.app... because GS left out (they forgot) latvian language support in this version. but the new plst was given by gs support, they should know what their doing. but as i remember- the same problems were present even before this fix.
activity monotors shows:
simple plan (i mean it!) in project map mode- zooming in and out. when waiting for walls, lines, zones etc to render in the drawing cpu usage goes up to 50%. and it takes time. too much.
layout mode. the same plan, placed as drawing. cpu usage goes 70-90% 0_0
real memory 279MB, virtual 935.66MB
?!?!?!
2 REPLIES 2
TomWaltz
Participant
Did you download the Intel Version? Or are you running the PPC version?

My experience has been that the Intel version on my MacBook Pro is dramatically faster than the PPC version running on a top-end G5.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
Did you download the Intel Version? Or are you running the PPC version?

My experience has been that the Intel version on my MacBook Pro is dramatically faster than the PPC version running on a top-end G5.
it should be that way!
sure, it's intel. i Know i installed the right one. & the activity monitor also shows "intel".
hell, its taking more resources than ppc photoshop under rosetta! pfff. probably i need to zap everything out and reinstall.