Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 10 vs Archicad 9 managing polygons

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I have some feeling about how Archicad 10 manage countours with the magic wand. It feels to me that it worked better in Archicad 9. I'm trying to make a fill to an urbanism drawing, and most of time it can't recognize areas. But Archicad 9 does it.

I've tried some interesting things. I've used polyline and simple lines to define the area and it goes wrong in both cases.... but if you reduce the extension of the area to recognize as a closed polygon then it works better....

Really disapointing
2 REPLIES 2
Djordje
Ace
Rogelio wrote:
Hi. I have some feeling about how Archicad 10 manage countours with the magic wand. It feels to me that it worked better in Archicad 9. I'm trying to make a fill to an urbanism drawing, and most of time it can't recognize areas. But Archicad 9 does it.

I've tried some interesting things. I've used polyline and simple lines to define the area and it goes wrong in both cases.... but if you reduce the extension of the area to recognize as a closed polygon then it works better....

Really disapointing
Can you post a screen shot?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. The first image is the startup situation..... I have a huge are archicad is not able to recognize

The second image shows what I have to do... I need to split the area which magic wand is applied to, so it recognizes the polygon..... But Archicad 9 is able to recognize the whole polygon...