Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 14 New Features

Dennis Lee
Booster
See what's on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Archicad#g/c/5C1926DD91A70C7B

Personally, not much in it for me at all!
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
310 REPLIES 310
Anonymous
Not applicable
What can I say, did I have made a mistake back in the beginning 1987 when I get hooked with ARCHICAD? No but when GS was purchased I had hopes that it will be integrated with Allplan creating an integrated tool that will be capable doing battle with Autodesk. (as SAP does with Oracle)

Time past, I was wrong it will newer happen it will newer change.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great image Marc
Thanks for the laugh!
Then, all of a sudden, a supper hero flew in from the night sky with a big
15 on it's chest.
And everybody went home and had ice cream and cake and sang happy days are here again, we love laszlo.
Oh well, maybe not exactly like that, except the laszlo part.

lec
Karl Barker
Contributor
I wonder what the likelihood is that GS will finally get the 'issues' sorted with Google earth and sketchup interpolation for the mac version of AC 14.
For some strange reason I am not holding my breath. IT would be silly to do this since it will have been ever since AC11.
Cheers,
Karl Barker.

27" iMac 3.6 Ghz Intel Core i9
32 Gig Ram
Mac OSX 10.14.6
AC 5.5 - AC22 (NZE)
Stress Co_
Advisor
Dear Graphisoft ("he types, assuming someone from GS will read this"):

Today is the "deadline" to pony up for my subscription renewal without paying for another "step" in the upgrade fees.

Sorry, but this is not a worthwhile upgrade (for me) and I'm kinda pissed that your DISCONTINUING QuickTime VR.
I really like VBE-G. Maybe if you would have included the "base" VBE in AC14 I would have renewed.

I wonder what would happen if Autodesk were to offer competitive trade up
pricing from AC to Revit (and I don't mean the 5%-15% off they might? offer now).

Tisztelettel,
Marc
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brett Brown
Advocate
Stress wrote:

I wonder what would happen if Autodesk were to offer competitive trade up
pricing from AC to Revit (and I don't mean the 5%-15% off they might? offer now).

Autodesk offers 50% off for Archicad users here in NZ. Have you got a quote recently?

Strange that the deadline is three days before the NDA is lifted to see the fine print of smaller "features" if any. Also we don't hear from addon makers if there tools have been improved with added features until after the NDA finishes. What reasoning is behind not lifting the NDA on the day AC 14 was announced?
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Funny picture indeed.
Feeling a bit like Forrest Gump right now.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
vfrontiers wrote:
Why does it take me 30 min to type text into a window schedule in AC?
If you look at the product page, http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/faq.html#whatsnew , it says "Improved Schedule Interactions" and "Faster Generation of Schedules".

I would wait 'till having the real product on my desk top (and not some videos), before complaining about lack of features.

Sure it will not be the perfect upgrade for some (most?) users, but I find it a bit worrisome that so many sensible users are willing to give their opinion without even trying it out, or at least watching it at work.

Seems as if the Trolls really are able to influence reasonable people´s opinions. Makes you wonder what their agenda could be...

BTW, Duane, please don´t take offense, I see you in the reasonable user class, not the troll one.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are a small architecture company working in Italy. We have mac computers, so to have a BIM software, we have to use AC.

I have to say, I like the software (I have about 10 years experience with Autocad and I'd never go back), but I cannot accept that GS doesn't address the serious problems that this program has:

Do we want to talk about the Stairmaker??? Really, Graphisoft??? Do you call it a professional tool? Do you expect people to work with it???

Now, before trying to export the BIM model to any consultant software on the planet, WHY DONT YOU FIX THE OLD RIDICULOUS PROBLEMS OF ARCHICAD?

...in other words: why does anyone from GS read this forum? Maybe not the CEO. Maybe just the GS mailman. He could read this, and in the morning, taking the mail to the CEO, he could say funny...

Just try and imagine them:

- "Mr Jack", CEO of Graphisoft, 45 years old, from somewhere around the world, somewhere more expensive than you think. Tall, handsome guy. Elegant. Black five degrees at Harvard, could not get the sixth one because of a witty joke he made about the Dean. Loves dogs too.

- "Joe", GS mailman. 64 years old, from Budapest. Job: picks up the mail, takes it to your desk. The mailman. He also happens to read this forum, from time to time.

I'd expect them to be something like:

---- IMAGINARY CONVERSATION BETWEEN GS CEO AND HIS MAILMAN: ----

Mailman Joe: "good morning Mr Jack"

Mr Jack "hey, Joe, it was about time ! Anything good in the news?"

Mailman Joe "not much Mr Jack. They're trying to drop some concrete to stuff up that damn oil leak down in the Mexican gulf"

Mr Jack "Ah, those silly ones! They really cannot do their jobs! What idiots they must be..."

Mailman Joe " Well I guess you're right, Mr Jack: they say, they tried to stop that leak for the last month or so"

Mr Jack " you're right, Joe. They had no clue how to stop that! They were even taking suggestions about what to do from some random people on the internet!"

Mailman Joe "And were they right?"

Mr Jack "who was right?"

Mailman Joe "I mean, the people on the internet?"

Mr Jack "Oh, Joe, Joe... You know you cannot take suggestion from people from the internet! How silly would that be? Can You imagine? Can you imagine if we at Graphisoft had an email address or something like that, and anyone could write to us all the time?"

Mailman Joe "Well, I don't know"

Mr Jack "Can you imagine that? Who would write to us? You, Joe? Would you write to us?"

Mailman Joe "I don't know, Mr Jack"

Mr Jack "Come on, Joe. Just imagine: what use would that be? What would you write to us? That the pizza guy is at the door? That the weather in Budapest sucks?"

Mailman Joe "I guess not. I would not write that"

Mr Jack "Then what would you write us? What could someone write to GS? We don't do love matchings or other housewife stuff"

Mailman Joe "I know you don't, Mr Jack"

Mr Jack "Do you even know what we do here at Graphisoft, Joe"

Mailman Joe "Yes I do know what you do here at GS, Mr Jack"

Mr Jack "And what do we do, Joe?"

Mailman Joe " Ehm, maybe you're right, Mr Jack, maybe I don't know what you do here at GS... But I know your Stairmaker sucks!"

Mr Jack "EXCUSE ME, JOE???"

Mailman Joe "I don't know. I'm sorry, Mr Jack, I didn't mean to say that. It's just..."

Mr Jack "It's just what, Joe?? Speak!"

Mailman Joe "It's just... I don't know... All those posts! All those people speaking about it. For years now... And a lot of bad words with it too, Mr Jack!"

Mr Jack "What are you talking about?"

Mailman Joe "Well, you know, on the forum. And it's been like that since years! Since I started to read it. I mean, they say a lot of things in that forum of yours, but the Stairmaker one I remember, I'm sure!"

Mr Jack "A forum? What forum?"

Mailman Joe "But Mr Jack... YOUR GRAPHISOFT FORUM"

Mr Jack "...a Graphisoft Forum???"

Mailman Joe "Yes! And they talk about the stuff that you do. They use it every day, you know? Some of them have been using it since the very beginning. Since the time when the GS CEO was Mr Pong, who passed away... Poor guy that Mr Pong..."

Mr Jack "He didn't pass away. Anyway, what do these people say???"

Mailman Joe "A lot of things, Mr Jack, a LOT of things. Even about you and GS..."

Mr Jack "How can they? They don't know me!"

Mailman Joe "They know you and GS, Mr Jack. It's you and GS: you just have no idea who they are!"

Mr Jack "But what do they say??? What do they think of our next new release? What about AC14???"

Mailman Joe "well, Mr Jack, I don't know what to say... They've been talking about it since some of your guy around here published some videos on youtube... They were not very happy with that. And now you published the official presentation movies on your website, and there's a lot of people pissed off about it!"

Mr Jack "What?? Why?"

Mailman Joe "Well, you know, it's just people on the internet... What do they know, after all! They just use your thing, AC or whatever it is, they use it every day. Since years"

Mr Jack "They've been using it since years! they must love it!"

Mailman Joe "I can say, most of them like it. But you never fix the old problems, Mr Jack! Do you know how many times I heard that your Stairmaker sucks?"

Mr Jack "Oh what do you know! What do they say about AC14???"

Mailman Joe "Well, a lot of them say it's useless, Mr Jack"

Mr Jack "What??? We dedicated the last 9 months of our work to it!"

Mailman Joe "But why did you not fix the Stairmaker problem? Do you know how many people have to use it every day? Why did you have to do all that mess about MEP, HVAC, WHAT T FKK, all those acronims! Do people really use all that? Don't you know that small design companies exchange data with small engineering practices, and small engineering practices only use Autocad in 2D???"

Mr Jack "since when do you talk like that, Joe???"

Mailman Joe "Since I've been reading you mail, Mr Jack. Don't you know that the world was designed in Autocad 2D, and most consultants still use it?? Do you think you're going to make small companies happy, with this AC14 release?? And what are you waiting for to release a 64bit version for Mac? Is this just one more trick to force people into updating to AC15 in 6 months time? Will the Stairmaker be fixed by then? Will you have issued a calculate menu for the 21st century to replace this one, that works with Roman numbers??? What about the Mac user interface??"

Mr Jack "People aren't forced to use macs. If they want to use macs, they have to accept little issues"

Mailman Joe "Maybe so, Mr Jack, but you also have to accept that as soon as another BIM software is issued for mac, you'll lose a lot of users. You're going down, Mr Jack!"

Mr Jack "How do you dare, mailman!"

Mailman Joe "Oh, shut up! You're going down and you know it! If you were interested in improving AC, you'd be reading your own forum! Instead, you play all IFC-friendly, god knows what that means! You think you're better than me because I'm a simple mailman. Let me tell you, Mr Jack: how many engineers do you need to fix that Stairmaker? How many years of knowledge, resources, investment are you putting into solving this ridiculous problem?

Mr Jack "You're fired, Joe, get the hell out of here!"

Mailman Joe "Oh, I'm going, Mr Jack: I'll leave you right here with your rotting company going down the drain. I know I'll find you still here in ten years, maybe with some minor features in yor ArchiCAD 24, like "customizable cursor shape" or a "complete GDL gallery of 3D vegetable garden plants" and other brilliant ideas like that, but with the same old software, the ancient problems, and with the same old feces version of Stairmaker that won't allow people to put two steps together!!!
Dennis Lee
Booster
That is very funny stuff.

I want to show the mailman some pics I saw the other day on the "other BIM"'s forums.

Mailman, please show these to the CEO so he knows what the other guys can do with their software while AC users pay for their ability to write IFC's. It's not only the stairmaker that we need to fix - we need some modeling tools, some graphic interface to make parametric objects too.

Somebody may think I'm a troll trying to sell the other BIM here, but who cares. You better know what the competition is doing rather than blind fold your self and dig your head in to the sand.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9