Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 14 New Features

Dennis Lee
Booster
See what's on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Archicad#g/c/5C1926DD91A70C7B

Personally, not much in it for me at all!
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
310 REPLIES 310
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Well , Obviously Graphisoft needs to deliver immediately an ArchiCAD 14.1 version to cope with the general disappointment ...
AC12_27 |Win11_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
I understand that changing the software the way that users expect to may be too difficult or impossible but could someone at least change the title of this topic to:
Archicad 14 NO new features ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
The interesting part that I find when whatching the import/export "New" feature is that they are using Revit 2010. I do a bit of Revit API programming and know there were huge changes to the Revit 2011 API code, which meant alot of changes to or base code. Will a 2011 exporter be available on release? I just can't see this working smoothly. Graphisoft will for ever be held ransome to other companies software changes. The amount of time being soaked up with creating translaters will be huge I would have thought???
Brett Brown
Advocate
kiwicodes wrote:
The interesting part that I find when whatching the import/export "New" feature is that they are using Revit 2010. I do a bit of Revit API programming and know there were huge changes to the Revit 2011 API code, which meant alot of changes to or base code. Will a 2011 exporter be available on release? I just can't see this working smoothly. Graphisoft will for ever be held ransome to other companies software changes. The amount of time being soaked up with creating translaters will be huge I would have thought???

Kiwicodes, Congratulations on your excellent API's for the NZ market, a class above what AC users have in NZ. I too was told about the major changes to the API in Revit 2011. With the quality of API's already available, I wonder what these additions to Revits API is going to make on the future survival of AC.
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brett wrote:
Kiwicodes, Congratulations on your excellent API's for the NZ market, a class above what AC users have in NZ. I too was told about the major changes to the API in Revit 2011. With the quality of API's already available, I wonder what these additions to Revits API is going to make on the future survival of AC.
Thank you Brett for your comments, re our tools.

I'm not sure what the future is for AC, but I can tell you that over the past few years the opening up of the Revit API has created huge possibilities for localised tools for Revit. Autodesk has publically said that the 2011 API release and changes were aimed at allowing eaiser future expansion to the API so it is very exciting to see what will be avaliable for the 2012 release.
Anonymous
Not applicable
A very interesting discussion. I seems the BIM gap is rapidly closing, where once AC was king. Where once GS were head of the game it looks like they risk dropping the ball to Revit and being left to play catchup at the exspense of time to develope the features users have been asking for.

I too have wondered if the eastern european mentality might be to blame for the lack of public relations. With the recession continuing to bite they cannot afford to lose the goodwill of their loyal users, especialy at this important juncture.

What hope? Either they have something spectacular up their sleeves for 15 or they need to start getting some serious backup from Nemschteck.

BIM is the future. On the one hand we have autodesk looking to dominate the market with a package of interconnected cad,cam and engineering solutions, and on the other Nemschteck pushing for massive IFC interoperability. hence the flavour of the 14 upgrade.
While I feel as frustrated as everyone else at the lack of bells and whistles with this one I can see how they could not have done it differently.

I learnt Archicad at uni, its the only cad software Ive ever used and after 12 years I still enjoy using it for the most part
I will continue to use it but... Im now learning Revit just in case. and maybe vector works too.

Good luck to Archicad, I really hope I dont have to switch over to autodesk.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
My firm is currently at the Pre-Design stage of a multi-million $$$
high tech plant. We have been using AC for years (since 6.5) and
have always stood by it.
With this new project in the door, we will be initializing a shift
to Revit, while still working with AC. The philosophy is VERY simple:
use the best tool for the job!
AC is unbeatable in its documentation and teamwork features, while
it has performed miserably in developing GDL authoring, compared
with the ease of creating Rvit families.
The results are in, and we can use THOUSANDS (!!!) of manufacturer
produced Revit MEP elements, compared to ZERO with AC.
And then we will use AC14 to collaborate with ourselfs - how cool
can you get? 🙂
Same goes for hardware - we use both Macs & PCs, and generally
end up "coctailing" with design software.
Use what works best for you - it's an AND AND solution!
and for my 2 cents - well, yes, AC14 sucks as a new release.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
kiwicodes wrote:
According to the info I just got from GS, the Revit 2011 Structure and MEP releases will also be supported by these new Add-Ins from day 1.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Laszlo,

It seems that you are accumulating the GSPR (Graphisoft Public Relation) function (I think you deserve a raise!)... But be careful... Angry people may beat the messenger.
The good side is that this is an internet forum... If it were a face-to-face forum, by this time you would have a great part of your body damaged... as angry people usually beat the messenger.

Now seriously. Thank you Laszlo for your prompt info.
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:

According to the info I just got from GS, the Revit 2011 Structure and MEP releases will also be supported by these new Add-Ins from day 1.

Hello. Laszlo
It's extraordinary, and a good joke !
As user of AC, we have many difficulties to know what will exactly the future "release " 14, but GS already knows the contents of Revit 2011?
Well I conclude, I must read the forum of Revit to know the AC15 ... 😉

Best regards