Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 18 VERY SLOW

Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
What is happening with AC 18?
I'm experiencing very slow behavior in really simple tasks.
Copy-paste or even dragging elements results in spinning rainbow ball every time...

anyone else experiencing this?
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
8 REPLIES 8
Eduardo Rolon
Behaving Ok here.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
No problems here on HP workstation or on my MacBook Pro (2013 retina 16gb RAM with GT650m graphics)

What are your computer specs (model / ram etc)
Anonymous
Not applicable
We had 1 PC out of 10 which had issues when saving a large file (1.1GB) and was generally slow. Other PCs could save the file in 3minutes the troublesome PC could not save.

After an hour of hunting for the issue I did a uninstall and re-install and there is no longer an issues.

Achille have you tried to re-install??
Barry Kelly
Make sure all other programs are shut down and test Archicad on its own.

I sometimes get slow copy & paste (especially when editing GDL scripts) when I have an old and new version of Archicad open at the same time.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
luciant
Newcomer
I am experiencing extremely slow performance in the 3d window and sections, elevations when using priority based connections. For example, moving a door or changing the height of a wall takes 5-10 secs.

However if I change to legacy intersection method the same operations are almost instantaneous.

2d performance is fine.

This is happening in a very small simple test project.

Not about to move the office to 18 till this is straightened out.
IMac OS X 10.13.5
4 core Intel 3.4 Ghz, 16 GB Ram,
AMD Radeon HD 6970M
Archicad 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 23
Eduardo Rolon
Luciant read here:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=43046&start=0

In this case I was using slabs to do SEOs with a terrain since they had the same Intersection Number (Layers) as other they were interacting with all of the project, changing the Intersection number of the slabs used for SEOs fixed the issue.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

luciant
Newcomer
Thanks for the link ejrolon.

Turns out in my case it had to do with the complex profile I was using for the wall. It was a cavity wall: CMU, rigid insulation, air space and brick. I didn't use a fill for the air space. I just placed the brick fill 2" away from the insulation fill.

Apparently Archicad doesn't like profiles in which the fills don't touch (at least when using Priority Based Connections). When I put a empty fill in for the air space, rather than just a gap between fills, the problem went away.
IMac OS X 10.13.5
4 core Intel 3.4 Ghz, 16 GB Ram,
AMD Radeon HD 6970M
Archicad 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 23
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
The problem appears even with only Archicad running, and starting a new file from the GS template, I draw a simple line, hit copy (rainbow spinning ball appears) hit paste (rainbow spinning ball appears).

This did not happen with AC 17

Could the fact that the user home folders are stored on the server, be an issue?
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL