Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 24 & 23 Update Previews Released

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

Today we have made available the latest preview versions of Archicad 24 4000 & Archicad 23 6000 Updates. We have created and tested packages for the INT, AUS, NZE, UKI, USA, GER & AUT language versions.

The Preview Updates are only available for the above language versions. If you attempt to install them on a different language version, you will get an error message about this.
We will create Public Update packages for all languages in the upcoming weeks. It will be possible to update from a Preview package to a Public one without a problem.

You can read the Release Notes and download the packages from here.

We discovered a regression issue with Model Compare that is affecting Archicad 24 Update Preview. However we plan to fix it on the final version of the Update.

Should you have any questions or feedback, please let me know!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

22 REPLIES 22
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you for the information!

From your description, it leads me to think that there could be something wrong at the hardware level rather than software issues.

If the specification in your signature is correct, then here is my theory:

- Maybe the RAM was not enough to handle the project. Depends on the size of the project, Archicad could take all the RAM available, which leads to system hang.
- There was not enough space on C drive. Certain operations require saving temporary data into C drive. Without adequate space, Archicad may struggle to do so, and a full C drive led to this system hang
- Drive issue: bad sector, corrupted disk partition could also contribute to this problem.
- GPU power: the GTX 745 is an old graphics card, and it is being used to drive 2x Full HD displays. It could also be a point of slowness as well.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, it could be useful to know whether this is a file-specific issue or not. Does it happen with a brand new file?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, has anyone been using this update on macos Catalina? any feedback? is it stable so far? we are keen to update but we are working on a critical project and we thought it would be safer to wait until the update is released as a proper update
gpowless
Advocate
Hi mnguyen,

Here is another piece of the puzzle:

On Monday I unloaded the AC24 surface catalog and instead loaded the AC24-RC1 surface catalog. I was receiving all kinds of missing surfaces and at a point couldn't change materials within the surface dialog.

Since Monday AC24 has been stable - that is to say no crashes. And AC24 is much quicker responding even though it seems to suffer from performance degradation the longer it is open. A restart of the AC24 project with open & repair restores the performance.

This current project that I am working on was created in AC24 entirely so that may be part of the solution.

I'm not sure what all this means since I didn't believe that libraries could have a system wide effect. MEP libraries are full AC24.

Regards,
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full