cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad on M2 MacBook Pros?

feniss
Participant

Although I’m working full time at an office, I’m considering getting my own AC license and practicing or doing freelance work on my own personal machine. And as I need to replace my old laptop anyway, I’m considering one of the new M2 MacBook Pros. Can anyone say anything to their compatibility, as well as performance (modelling and rendering)? Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

Nine months after this thread was started, is it still true that M1 chip is superior than the M2 currently available on stores for running ArchiCAD?

I've been away from the AC/Mac news for a while... Is "ARM" the new chipset of Macs? Is the ARM-native AC version already launched? 

--- www.dtabach.com.br ---
AC 24 BR – MacBook Pro 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB RAM Mac OS 10.14

M1 superior to M2 - I don't know.
ARM is Apple Silicon, Apples own System on a Chip CPU/GPU/Memory. It will replace eventually all Intel CPUs and AMD GPUs inside Macs.
Yes, Archicad 26 ARM was launched already. Most of the 3rd party add-ons are also ARM native now.

Apple iMac Pro with macOS Sonoma, AC 5.0 to 27 INT and GER, all the latest

Hi Minh,

I know this is an older post, but I wondered if there was any update on the M1 versus M2 performance? I've been looking at a 16inch MacBook Pro and trying to decide between M1 Pro or M2 Pro. 

Many thanks!

Claire