Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Architerra dirt fill

Tom Krowka
Booster
I thought I would post this here as I have not received a reply from the posting I placed in the "other products".

I've got an Architerra terrain that I imported from .dwg and it shows the contours fine. I'd like to know how to show the new fill and contour lines on top of the existing terrain. I would like to use this drawing for both 2D site drawing and model.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm working on the same problem. My first thoughts are to make a "dummy" set of contours, set to a dashed line type. When placed under the ArchiTerra countours that I am modifying they represent the change just fine. If Fabrizo is reading, maybe this could be worked into the next release? As far as hatching my cut and fill, I haven't gotten to that point yet, but I may need to take care of this in a similar fashion. Let me know what you end up doing, just for reference... anyone else?

+pablo
Tom Krowka
Booster
Actually, I'm not doing anything yet. I'm hoping to get a proven technique from someone before I spend hours trying to figure something out. Deadline is still in the distance, but approaching.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another thing I am doing is that I have scanned in the Survey (took it into Photoshop first to grey it out so that is barely visible). I am "drawing" on top of this to reference the old terrain. The 3D mesh from Architerra stands out in contrast very well and you can still read to older contour lines below (from the scan).

Architerra is worth it, because of the control I have using the road profile tool. also, it is cutting down my production time with the site sections, which would be quite challenging for this particular site.

+pablo