Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Arrow Tool / Last Tool Toggle

David Collins
Advocate
I've been really missing the old Arrow Tool / Last tool used toggle from ArchiCAD 7.0 and earlier, assigned to the right arrow on the keyboard.

I was about to loudly complain on the wish list, but I've discovered it's still there in ArchiCAD 8.1! Rather, the function is there, but it needs to be assigned to a key in Options / Customize / Keyboard Shortcuts / Actions. The default keyboard uses the number 1 as a hotkey for the arrow tool. I was able to give that key to Arrow Tool / Last Tool and now it toggles back and forth, which is great for editing a lot of similar elements.

David Collins
WinXP
AC 8.1 v1 (1410)
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
2 REPLIES 2
tsturm
Newcomer
Dear David

It would really help others out if you added a profile to your signature. Like mine at the bottom. then we know which version of AC and PM you are using and what system you are on.

The toggle was still there in 8.0. It got changed in 8.1. In fact, the arrow keys in 8.1 were completely reprogramed from what they were in 8.0. I had to go through and set them back the way I was accustomed.

Look a bit closer at the usability of 8.1's keys. You will find that nearly all the commands and tools are accessible from a single key stroke. (takes me back to 1993 when I was using Architrion). In 8.1 you can use the 1 key to get the selection tool, the S key to change your snap tool and the P key to change the type of constraint setting tool. Plus there are soooo many more.

This might have been there in 7.0 or 8.0, I am not sure as I upgraded from 6.5 to 8.1. It is nice to have these features. Hard to remember them all, but nice to have them there.
Terrence Sturm, Architect
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys for posting this the Arrow/Last tool command has been bugging the s--t out of me for the last several month but have not had time to investigate.