Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Bad wall corners, gap in wall after changes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having "unkown setting" issues, meaning the correct settings are unknown to me.

The wall corners are notched, not clean. And the gap (upper left) is caused by a change I've made, stretching an existing wall out of the way.

Two issues, both simple, but neither has an obvious Search tag.

smaller version.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks like an Intersection Priority problem. Are you using layers to differentiate between new and existing or renovation filters? If you're using layers you have to make sure the intersection priority numbers are different between new and existing wall layers so they don't interfere with each other.
Barry Kelly
It could be because you have walls of different heights all trying to connect to each other.
I get the most consistent results in modelling the walls in horizontal bands of the same height but this can be a hassle sometimes.

You could try turning on this setting in the Project Preferences.

Barry.
Enhanced_3D.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
That was it, for the wall corners! Thank you. I changed a 1 to a 2, and voila. Wish I knew why/how that worked. The Renovation filters are still a bit of a mystery to me, though I seem to have those settings working, if only by accident.

What about that wall gap up near the ceiling?

And, I'm having an "unknown setting" issue with my Solid Element Operations now. Can't seem to get the SEO dialogue box to open, so can't select either operator or the target elements. I want to make a sloping wall with the roof tool, unless there's a sloping (battered) wall too.

Ideas?

-JS
Anonymous
Not applicable
...sloping (battered) wall tool.

-JS