Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can't Create Line Tangent To Two Circles

Anonymous
Not applicable
In 2D, how do I create a line that is tangent to two circles? I can get the second endpoint tangent to the second circle, then reposition the first endpoint tangent to the first circle, but this makes the second point's angle different, therefore it is not a tangent anymore.

I couldn't find anything in the books or online documentation about this.
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
download the free 2d complex operations archiruler addon from cigraph store
by the way.... do you are really an architect ??? what descriptive geometry do you have studied ???
Anonymous
Not applicable
But Stewart's answer was not to the question. There are 2 circles involved, not a point and a circle.

I now the answer but is not that elegant .
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steps
Anonymous
Not applicable
Adalbert wrote:
But Stewart's answer was not to the question. There are 2 circles involved, not a point and a circle.

I now the answer but is not that elegant .
Aderlburt,

Djordje moved half (!) the original response to the hints'n'tips section (at http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=485 )

Djordje - please consider including the (new) link when you move stuff - I've noticed *missing* things before but the first time I've noticed that there should be a hyperlink to the *new* page :?:

Cheers - Stuart
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje
Ace
StuartJames wrote:
Djordje - please consider including the (new) link when you move stuff - I've noticed *missing* things before but the first time I've noticed that there should be a hyperlink to the *new* page :?:
Agreed.

The current setup allows only to MOVE one post or topic to the Tips&Tricks, not COPY. Therefore I reply quoting the whole message, saying it has been moved to URL such and such. Kills the thread, I agree.

I am pestering Peter for this, maybe you could help me? 😉
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Thomas Holm
Booster
Moderators, the previously previous post in this thread was spam. (edited)
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I deleted it, so now it looks like you are talking about Djordje's post, who IS THE moderator with one of the highest post counts.
True, it was a spam, a rather clever one, so I am glad you spotted it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Thomas Holm
Booster
laszlonagy wrote:
I deleted it, so now it looks like you are talking about Djordje's post, who IS THE moderator with one of the highest post counts.
True, it was a spam, a rather clever one, so I am glad you spotted it.
Not that Djordje hasn't earned a blow or two but I've edited it!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1