cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can't move or delete points on edge of mesh

R Muller
Enthusiast
I am modifying a mesh and need to change the location where defined ridges meet the edge of the mesh. I can move the ridge, but I can't move or delete the point where the ridge used to meet the edge of the mesh.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Moving the point on top of the new edge point (which has the same elevation as the point I am trying to get rid of). Doesn't work; the old point stays where it was. This is what I expected to work.

Moving the old point out of the mesh. Doesn't work; the mesh just changes shape to include the point.

Ha! I saw something about moving the point using a small marquee that selects only the point. This worked!

This seems like an awkward work-around. Is there a better way to do this?
R Muller
AC 26 USA (20+ years on ArchiCAD)
MBP 64GB Apple M1 Max OS 12.1 Monterey
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
The marquee method is the only way I have found
to move a mesh edge node.
If someone knows of another method please speak up.
Peter Devlin
R Muller
Enthusiast
Here's how I used the marquee to eliminate the mesh point:

Select the mesh and determine the point to be eliminated.

Memorize the location of the point and the location of another point to drag it on top of. (This is because a point on the boundary that isn't on a ridge line won't be visible when the mesh isn't selected.)

Deselect the mesh.

Create a small marquee to contain only the point to be eliminated.

Fish around inside the marquee to find the point with the check-mark cursor. Then you can drag it on top of the other point.

Re-select the mesh to verify you did what you meant to do.

Does anyone have a better way?
R Muller
AC 26 USA (20+ years on ArchiCAD)
MBP 64GB Apple M1 Max OS 12.1 Monterey
Anonymous
Not applicable
R wrote:
I am modifying a mesh and need to change the location where defined ridges meet the edge of the mesh. I can move the ridge, but I can't move or delete the point where the ridge used to meet the edge of the mesh.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Moving the point on top of the new edge point (which has the same elevation as the point I am trying to get rid of). Doesn't work; the old point stays where it was. This is what I expected to work.

Moving the old point out of the mesh. Doesn't work; the mesh just changes shape to include the point.

Ha! I saw something about moving the point using a small marquee that selects only the point. This worked!

This seems like an awkward work-around. Is there a better way to do this?
sounds weird, or i'm missunderstanding you...

you have a a user defined ridge that meets the edge of a mesh... so there is a point that the ridge terminates on the edge of the mesh, yes?

and you're saying you can't move this point?
...cause i can... albeit when i move the ridge it leaves this point behind to begin with but then i can move it on top of another edge point and it goes away...