Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can't select plane in Morph tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to figure out the Morph tool, have watched all the videos, but I still can't seem to select a surface to push/pull in 3D (I can do it in plan view). I can select nodes and edges, but not the face of an object.

I'm attaching a picture of the only PET Palette I can get working with Morphs in 3D.

Am I doing something wrong??

On a side note- the videos are helpful to introduce WHAT can be done, but they move too fast, and are too tiny to be instructional. You can 't really see where they are clicking and what PET palette is popping up. Making the video full screen just makes it blurry.

Is there a text instruction manual for using the Morph tool?
19 REPLIES 19
Karl Ottenstein
Dstoi wrote:
Hi Designade, I'm having the exaCT! same problem and it's making me crazy.. Have you figured out what's wrong?
None of the solutions below work for you? = Select the Morph Tool while working on the selected morph, and adjust the viewing angle in 3D if necessary....
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
ksjhawk
Enthusiast
Same problem. When I try to click on the morph face, I get nothing. I've tried a couple of methods for selecting the faces without any luck. I do find that I can go to another file and it will work, but I cannot get it to work here. This is also not the first file it has happened to me on.

Has there been any development on fixing this? I do still have limited ability to extrude a face...if its a flat plan and I pick a node, I can use the tube option to extrude the face, but it doesn't help when I'm trying to extrude a solid.
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max 64GB ram
OS X 12.4
AC26 - AC6.5
Karl Ottenstein
See if hidden geometry is the issue. See Katlin's post and video:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=205713#205713

and/or

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/videos/archicad/3d-modeling/morph/advanced-morph-modeling-technique...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
ksjhawk
Enthusiast
thanks, but that's not it...it's in line with the last few comments on this post...I reviewed the previous suggestions with no progress
OS X 12.4
AC26 - AC6.5
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
At risk of stating the absolute obvious again, do you have Quick Selection enabled?

Cheers,
Link.
ksjhawk
Enthusiast
nope...

this is not a problem I have typically, but on two files it has happened. I can still select individual edges, I still have the ability to alter the morph in every other way, with the exception of selecting individual faces and clicking on a face to push or pull it...when I try, the cursor blinks and the morph becomes deselected...I tried posting a video but it was way too big for the attachment limit

I am assuming dstoi and designade we're having the same problem I am
OS X 12.4
AC26 - AC6.5
ksjhawk
Enthusiast
Believe it or not...this has finally fixed my probablem, and explains why it was a problem in some files but not others...store this away for future reference!

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=40009&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=10
OS X 12.4
AC26 - AC6.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Seemingly, the combination Ctrl+Shift+click for morph elements selection works only when the Quick Selection option (the magnet icon in the top left corner) is activated. At least for me it solved the problem.

Barry Kelly
Kinalj wrote:
Seemingly, the combination Ctrl+Shift+click for morph elements selection works only when the Quick Selection option (the magnet icon in the top right corner) is activated. At least for me it solved the problem.

That is correct, the quick selection must be active to select a surface.

I would consider this a bug personally.
When you activate the 'select sub-elements' option - either by pressing the button in the selection tool or by pressing CTRL+SHIFT, the quick selection magnet appears on the cursor when you pass over a morph surface.
It even highlights the surface if you pause for the required amount of time.
But you can not select it unless the quick select magnet button is activated or you hold the 'Spacebar' key.
So potentially CTRL+SHIFT+SPACEBAR.

It is not a big deal as most people usually have the quick select active or they use the spacebar when required, so not real change there.

It is just odd the without quick select active, the surface will highlight as if you can select it , but you can't.
Just tested this in 25.

Barry
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry, where is the "like" button? And sorry, it's the top left corner, mea culpa.