Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can't select plane in Morph tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to figure out the Morph tool, have watched all the videos, but I still can't seem to select a surface to push/pull in 3D (I can do it in plan view). I can select nodes and edges, but not the face of an object.

I'm attaching a picture of the only PET Palette I can get working with Morphs in 3D.

Am I doing something wrong??

On a side note- the videos are helpful to introduce WHAT can be done, but they move too fast, and are too tiny to be instructional. You can 't really see where they are clicking and what PET palette is popping up. Making the video full screen just makes it blurry.

Is there a text instruction manual for using the Morph tool?
19 REPLIES 19
Karl Ottenstein
Re: fuzzy videos - In case you're not aware, you can choose what resolution you want for your Youtube videos (up to the max uploaded by the provider).

For example, the attached shows that the intro Morph video can be viewed in 720 HD - that is just not the default, for speed reasons.

Cheers,
Karl
Screen Shot 2012-07-16 at 3.01.16 PM.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
For the missing push-pull in 3D, see if Katalin's answer / video here helps:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=205713#205713

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
No, sorry, that doesn't help. The first problem is that I can't select a face of the object- I can only select edges and nodes.

Here is what I am doing:
Creating Morph object (simple square)--> selecting Morph--> opening in 3D -->Selecting morph in 3D--> trying to click on the surface plane--> object unselects itself.

I've tried toggling grouping, hidden morph geometry... nothing works. I feel I am missing some critical step, but I can't figure it out.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There is a new sub-element selction method that lets you select edges and faces of Morphs. CTRL+SHIFT is the key combination for it.

Or, maybe the Options\Surface Snap menu toggle is not ON.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lazlo- I tried both of those things, no luck. SO- I opened a completely new file with the standard AC 16 Profile, and everything works.

Something in my profile that I carried over from AC15 must be the culprit. I wasn't getting the little off-set square icon for my cursor. Any idea what setting I'm missing? Something in Work Environment (I looked but nothing seemed obvious to me).

Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Exact same issue over here...
any solution for missing push/pull pallet?

edit:
I found it on another topic...
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=205881
Hmooslechner
Rockstar
try to alter the 3d-View from open-gl to internal engine. Maybe the old graphiccard-driverprogram causes this. - So You can test it with the internal engine.

By the way-
You know how to switch the arrow-tool between selecting methodes? (white or black arrow in the infobox..)
AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia
David Maudlin
Rockstar
designade wrote:
I wasn't getting the little off-set square icon for my cursor.
It look like this does not appear when using the Arrow Tool, try selecting the Morph Tool in the Toolbox.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Designade, I'm having the exaCT! same problem and it's making me crazy.. Have you figured out what's wrong?