Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Cancel Button Not Working

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have come up to a problem in Archicad 10. It has become an issue because it interrups work flow. While I am working on a project the cancel button doesn't work on a continuous basis. It seems like it has a mind of it's own.. Has anyone come up with the same problem or can any one suggest a solution...
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
The "cancel" interrupt is one of the hardest things to program for. In general ArchiCAD does a pretty good job of this. If clicking the cancel button doesn't work you can also try command/ctrl + . (period/full stop). This often works when the button doesn't (and vice versa). It probably has to do with when the program/system polls for keyboard or mouse input, but I don't really know the ins and outs.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Just as an info, my experince has been that for some reason CMD+. is more responsive that CTRL+. on Windows. Don't ask me why.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Just as an info, my experince has been that for some reason CMD+. is more responsive that CTRL+. on Windows. Don't ask me why.
Presumably because it is MacOS standard command. I assume that it has more support at the system level (like ctrl+C in the old DOS days).