Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Colorbond panel fence created with editing a preset railing in Australia

mthd
Ace

Hi there, has anyone in Australia successfully created colorbond fencing with an edit of a preset railing ? I don’t need a high level of detail except to show the metal sheet profile in the panel settings. How do I get a colorbond panel to show up in my railing panel setting ? A standard Bunnings fence kit with inserts is what I am trying to model up. 

I do have “CI tools Coverings” installed so I might just draw a standard railing with a few edits and just clad the rail or even draw a wall and just add the colorbond profile to it ? If you have a better method please reply.

Please see the PDF below for a picture of what I am trying to model.

Thank you.

https://www.steeline.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Panel-Fencing-Installation-Guide-Stee495_Prod...

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
51 REPLIES 51

That would be like performing SEO surgery within the railing element ? Using the top railing as an operator (Cutting Plane) with the custom panels as target ? 

I did use the railings with the custom panels for the main straight fence. I used invisible walls to perform SEO surgery where there was a little bit of panel extending out from the railing.

For Sloping under the railing I used an invisible wall and turned it into a morph to shape it correctly to use for SEO.

All good now apart from doing a staggering railing. Looks like I would have to model them with separate sections to be able to do that unless there is a better method.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

Yep - in effect SEO self-surgery with the railing element 😀

Once you set up the main railing, modifying it to cut the top should be pretty easy, and you can drag nodes to align them precisely.

I use railing elements for sloping copings for all sorts of walls. Now that the bug with consecutive curved segments with differing Z coordinates is fixed, it's now good for kerbs again as well.

For staggered railings I think you need either an object or to use the curtain wall tool.

The likes of Barry and Lingwyser will no doubt have some cleverer ideas though...

Archicad 27 UKI | OS X 12.7.1 Monterey

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!