cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex Profile Wall - Floor Plan Appearance

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everybody,

I am back with the following problem: I made a complex profile using 2 simple fills (with a gap between them) and I assigned it to a wall. After drawing the wall, I get the result in floor plan as seen in the attachment (one line is not as it should be). Has anyone else encountered this behavior? Is there some setting I might have forgotten about?

Thank you in advance,
Adrian Tudoreanu

P.S.: AC12

cp.jpg
7 REPLIES 7
JaredBanks
Mentor
Seems like a glitch. Never seen it before today, but I can reproduce it. The only way I could figure out to get around it is to add a fill in the middle (airspace fill?). If you set the 'ending contours' of the middle fill to white, then in plan you'll get what you're looking for. Don't know if that will create another problem in section. But in section you'll probably want a fill there anyways. Otherwise you'll see through the middle of the wall to whatever garbage is beyond.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Karl Ottenstein
This bug had been reported here some time in the last few years, perhaps AC 11 or 12 era. I remember a bit of discussion, and reproducing it myself as it seemed pretty surprising. I'm surprised it has not been fixed yet.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Jared and Karl for your replies. I was kinda hoping that it wasn't a bug and there was something I missed.
Jared, actually yes - I want that gap to show in 3D. I guess I'll try making that using 2 walls with a gap between them (which will complicate things when dealing with windows).

Best regards,
Adrian Tudoreanu
Rod Jurich
Contributor
adytc wrote:
/... I guess I'll try making that using 2 walls with a gap
between them (which will complicate things when dealing with windows).
/.....
Adrian, this may seem a silly question, but why not use a normal composite?

Your image doesn't show any reason why you could not, and it overcomes your
2D problem and furthermore you do not have the added headache of openings
in parallel walls.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
adytc wrote:
Thank you Jared and Karl for your replies. I was kinda hoping that it wasn't a bug and there was something I missed.
Jared, actually yes - I want that gap to show in 3D. I guess I'll try making that using 2 walls with a gap between them (which will complicate things when dealing with windows).

Best regards,
Adrian Tudoreanu
Rod, did you see the text in bold? For that reason.
Have a goo day.
Rod Jurich
Contributor
andro55 wrote:
/.....
Rod, did you see the text in bold?/....
Yes I did, but not fully understanding what Adrian wishes to show
it is sometimes difficult to give a purposeful answer.
Now you can show the "gap" cavity in 3D by creating a 3D Document.

And to achieve showing the "gap" in 3D by building 2 parallel walls
seems a very hard work around.
AC can do much, but walking on water I think not
3DD.png
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rod wrote:
it is sometimes difficult to give a purposeful answer.
Now you can show the "gap" cavity in 3D by creating a 3D Document.
Hi Rod and Andro,

Thank you for your replies and suggestions. I apologize for not giving more details about the situation I was dealing with. I attached an image showing what I wanted to achieve. In the end, I made a complex profile and as Jared suggested, I added another fill in the middle. Finally, I played with "Partial Display Settings" to achieve what i wanted.
Yes Rod, you were right: for the example I showed before, that thing could have easily been achieved with composites. Unfortunately, that was only a simplified example.

Thank you again for your support,
Adrian Tudoreanu