Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex Profile problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've created a complex profile of a 10" block wall atop a concrete footing. I want to be able to stretch the wall vertically. Not the footing, just the wall. See my attached screenshot. I've placed the vertical stretch lines at the top of the wall and the top of the footing. I've turned the horizontal stretch off because I don't need to stretch it horizontally (check my screenshot to make sure I've done it correctly). All seems well, until I go to a section cut through the wall and try to stretch the wall vertically. The only option that shows up is a horizontal stretch! What am I doing wrong?

I'm very new to complex profiles so please bear with me.

complex profile.jpg
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
I got it to stretch vertically, but while in the 3D perspective window only, and the footing also stretched. What gives??
Erika Epstein
Booster
Did you remember to click the "store profile" button after adjusting the stretch lines to store the change?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. Attached is a section through the wall. I can see the horizontal stretch lines but where are the vertical?

On a side note, is that how you store changes to a C.P., by clicking the "store profile" button? And will all the profiles with that name automatically update?
Erika Epstein
Booster
No, they won't update automatically which is good. If they did you would loose any customization such as individual instances being taller reverting.

Select the CP instances you want to update and click in the Profile Manager the Apply to Selection button.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok that makes sense. Any ideas why I cannot vertically stretch my wall?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you not stretch something in section? Now I go into 3D as I said before and I can stretch to my hearts delight, but being able to stretch in section would be ideal...
Erika Epstein
Booster
I think your wall doesn't like you

If you are having trouble graphically stretching it, enter the new height and then rebuild the section.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
fuck!!!! Just letting out some frustration....
Anonymous
Not applicable
When the profiles were first introduced changes would reset all instances to the new default. Thankfully this was corrected. Of course they still update to include any changes aside from the custom height/width.

Also remember that the wall won't stretch to be smaller than it is drawn in the profile editor.