Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Composite Walls Name Partially Hidden

TamN
Contributor

Not sure if this is the right sub but I'm having trouble seeing the composite wall names in their entirety. It's always partially hidden. This doesn't matter where the list is. I'm on Windows 11 with Archicad 25. My colleague is on Windows 10 and experiencing the same problem. See attached for what I mean.

ARCHICAD 25.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TamN
Contributor

I'm going through training and the instructor uses Mac and can see the full names of the walls. It doesn't seem like there's a fix on the user side. Maybe Graphicsoft can fix it for the next update.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@TamN , you can open Composites from options menu then Attributes Manager then Composites or by selecting the wall and right click then Edit Selected Composite, there you will see all composite layers clearly.

AC 27 INT 5060/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
TamN
Contributor

I know I can see and edit the wall layers through the composite option, that not my problem. I want to see the full name of the wall type in the drop-down menu so I can quickly choose the right wall type.

Barry Kelly

Because the composite wall list is a multi-column list, I assume Archicad has to set a maximum width for each column.

At least now it shows you the 'start and .... end' of the name.

Before it used to just show the first 20 or 30 characters and then cut it off.

If you look at the complex profile wall list, you will see it is a single column and shows the full width of the profile names.

I am not aware of any way to make the composite list a single column.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution
TamN
Contributor

I'm going through training and the instructor uses Mac and can see the full names of the walls. It doesn't seem like there's a fix on the user side. Maybe Graphicsoft can fix it for the next update.