Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Composites resolving conflicting priority requirements

Paul King
Mentor
Hi I wonder how people are resolving situations with composite walls where a given material needs dominant priority to resolve one wall junction, and recessive priority to resolve another?

In my current situation, concrete needs to master insulation for internal corners, but be mastered by insulation on certain external corners.

In section, concrete also needs to master insulation.

A nasty workaround seems to be to add a 0.01mm skin of concrete to one wall, but this surely is not the BIM way?
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
You will probably need to duplicate your building materials so you can have a stronger and weaker version of each.
Then possibly even duplicate your composites so you can use the various strength building materials in them.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Paul King
Mentor
Barry wrote:
You will probably need to duplicate your building materials so you can have a stronger and weaker version of each.
Then possibly even duplicate your composites so you can use the various strength building materials in them.

Barry.
Thanks Barry
Unfortunately different materials definitions seems to generates extra joint lines in plan and/or elevation & section where two variations of same wall abut each other. I also have the case where the same wall needs a material to dominate in plan and recede in section - so could end up with a mosaic of abutting wall segments to seal with each scenario.

I would love GS to proveide for one off local materials priority overrides associated with specific junctions and views
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop