Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License outage
Dear Customers, We are facing with an outage in our services in Azure. You may experience issues with the Azure-based functions, like licensing, BIMcloud SaaS, Learn Portal. We are working hard on this issue to make it fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Copy Parallel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Most of my people have come from either microstation or autocad….and I am swamped to find the answer so how do you perform a copy parallel on?
A line or polygon
An element such as a wall

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
r wrote:
how do you perform a copy parallel on?
A line or polygon
An element such as a wall

Works the same for either...

In the first instance below:

1. have the tool that created the object to be copied active (or the tool which creates the type of element you wish to create, so if the line tool were active in this instance an offset line would be created instead of a wall)

2. In the Control Bar activate the Offset and the Magic Wand

3. Click on the object to be duplicated and drag out the desired distance (you could type r + the desired distance

In the second instance:

1. Select the element

2. Choose Edit/Drag, start to move the object and hit the Control (Option on Mac) key so you are dragging a copy.

3. to maintain relative position you can either hold down the Shift key, or as I prefer, hit the Perpendicular icon on the Control Box then Click on the element being duplicated ; then your hands are free to type in the offset like in the first instance

woodster
parallel.jpg
Djordje
Ace
r wrote:
Most of my people have come from either microstation or autocad….and I am swamped to find the answer so how do you perform a copy parallel on?
If you really want to, you can even use multiply ... for linear elements
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the input..not exactlly....if you where to use the polyline tool and make a box lets say 12' x 12' is there an offset command to copy lets say 6" outside or inside the box on one shot.....
Anonymous
Not applicable
r wrote:
thanks for the input..not exactlly....if you where to use the polyline tool and make a box lets say 12' x 12' is there an offset command to copy lets say 6" outside or inside the box on one shot.....

yes... exactly as I described in instance 1. Did you try what I described

or...

did you just assume that I didn't know what I was talking about?

woodster
Anonymous
Not applicable
woodster

I never doubted what you said...... .....and yes it does work, I noticed that you get different results from what you have selected on your ToolBox...for example if you where previously using the line command and go to offset you will get a line....if you where previously using the wall tool, you will get a wall.....

so thanks again.....
Anonymous
Not applicable
you're welcome Glad it helped